User Avatar Image

When will Fables be released?

posted by Eduardo on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/telltales-walking-dead-game-going-gold-soon-fables-planned-for-q3/

In related news, Connors also offered me an update on the progress of Telltale’s work on an adventure game adaptation of Bill Willingham’s Fables comic book series. It’s still very much happening and it’s actually a lot further along than you might think. The recent focus of Telltale’s press campaigning has not surprisingly been on The Walking Dead, but we’ll be seeing Fables very soon. In fact, the plan is to launch the game this year in Q3.

Expect to see Fables makes its first appearance at or around E3, with another look to follow, appropriately enough, at San Diego Comic-Con in July. Connors told me that there’s still some question as to what the title will be, as Fables fall close to a certain other, familiar franchise. The developer set Fables for a Q1 2012 release in an announcement early last year (via Joystiq), but it seems that those plans have changed.

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Makes sense. They're working on The Walking Dead for Q2, but the discussions in these forums seem to indicate that many of the team (e.g Mike Stemmle) are moving forward with development on Fables as well.

Hopefully we'll see it around September/October.

• It seems like the Jurassic Park delay has fucked up Telltale's entire schedule. I know their original plan was this:

Jurassic Park in April.
    The Walking Dead in Fall 2011.
    Law and Order in 2011 (they never got more specific than that).
    Fables in Q1 2012.
    They never said anything about King's Quest, but I assume it would've been late 2012.

And now...

Jurassic Park came out in November.
    Law and Order came out in late December 2011 for iOS, just barely making the promised release year.
    The Walking Dead's been pushed back to winter, and now spring.
    Fables is coming out in Q3.
    And now it seems likely King's Quest will have to wait until 2013. :(

• If Fable is later this year, I wouldn't count on King's Quest until 2013. And probably no mention of it at all until two weeks before they open pre-orders. :p

I get the impression that the final episode of Law & Order will be released before the end of the month.

• Cool, I hope they make Fables into an actual adventure game.

• Hmmm. So it looks like this didn't happen (E3).

Maybe delayed to next year? I can't see it coming out before Walking Dead finishes up.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Weeksy said: Hmmm. So it looks like this didn't happen (E3).

Maybe delayed to next year? I can't see it coming out before Walking Dead finishes up.

The Walking Dead should be finished by September or October, if past Telltale Games releases are any indication. That would mean that the Fables episodes will most likely start before the end of the year.

Telltale has historically been more active at Comic-Con and Pax Prime. We'll likely see news about Fables (and maybe King's Quest) there. :)

• Is this game still in the making?

• Do we know if their will be anything Fables related at Comic-Con?

• @Hero1 said: Do we know if their will be anything Fables related at Comic-Con?

That's a given. They've been very quiet on that because they want to surprise us (in a good way). Hopefully by then they'll have a more concrete answer when the "When will it be launched?" question pops up from about two million places.

Add Comment