User Avatar Image

Does this game suck?

posted by supmandude85 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I'm thinking of buying it, but is the game play as bad as Back to the Future or Jurassic Park?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'll give you that. I love the adventure games of old to death, but the insane leaps of logic some puzzles required could be annoying.

Still, adventure games don't have to be like that. Telltale's older stuff was challenging while still having solutions that the player would be able to deduce. (The closest they've done to a true bullshit puzzle is the snail gong in Episode 202 of Sam and Max, and even then there's information that hints at the solution beforehand.)

• For the longest time they made games based on the CSI: Vegas license, and I always used to bash how bad the characters looked and various other shortcomings the games suffered from...

Then another developer got their hands the CSI: NY license and totally failed on a cosmic horror level that I cannot even begin to describe here.

Now, I am thankful for telltales additions to the franchise, and I have since stopped complaining about their graphics because (at least until last years JP release) they still know how to make a fun game to play.

Although objectively, I still think they should just stop doing games using human characters based on real actors and licenses... Bottom line, it can't be done with the short production schedules that telltale works on or with their existing technology... I wish they would just give up on it, or seriously overhaul their engine cause they have been using the same one since 2005 (where it was already several years behind industry standards) and it is beginning to show its age even more than the source engine

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@RAnthonyMahan said: You're making premature judgments! How do you know it's not good if you haven't read it?

I did read it! ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I am thinking of getting the game, but before i waste $20, Is the game worth it?

• Im rather disapointed in i expected a normal puzzle style game like the rest but it seems more like a class they tell the story than they ask you what they said that gets boring real fast.

• Gameplay bad in back to the future sth really?! thats one of there best done games jerassic park not that bad neither not the best but once you get use to its fine try and remember telltale makes adveture game old school point and click games.

• Don't bother with Law and Order Legacies. All the game is how good is your memory and that is it.

The three older L&O games were so much better. You actually had to find evidence and take it to the lab to get it tested out and when you arrested the prep. You had to admit what pieces of evidence you were going to use for the trial, what witnesses you would call, etc. How you handled that determined whether the suspect was convicted or got off before the trial even started.

Telltales effort virtually solves itself.

• @daro2096 said: Don't bother with Law and Order Legacies. All the game is how good is your memory and that is it.

The three older L&O games were so much better. You actually had to find evidence and take it to the lab to get it tested out and when you arrested the prep. You had to admit what pieces of evidence you were going to use for the trial, what witnesses you would call, etc. How you handled that determined whether the suspect was convicted or got off before the trial even started.

Telltales effort virtually solves itself.

I think the biggest issue was, when Law and Order LA got cancelled, their budget got severely reduced. The purpose of the original game was to promote the TV show... which is now gone.

On top of that, they probably had to design for iOS as well, which limits what they can and can't do. They can't make anything to complex.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i did not know there was already the exact thread

This discussion has been closed.