User Avatar Image

Mass Effect Thread

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users

WARNING SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT 3

Just finished Mass Effect 3 and was having a great time until the last 5 minutes of the game.

The ending you get is probably the most depressing ending and since this is mass effect that´s probably the bad ending right ?

Nope all the endings are almost identical no matter what you do and the outrage on biowares forums are huge.

I would not mind a sad ending but there is no explanation to what happened this is the gaming equivalent to the sopranos ending.

Nothing is really resolved and there is not even an epilogue.

Oh well just look at biowares forums then you know

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index

359 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't visit BioWare forums (but I've seen what's going on there), but I can actually understand the mods. They need to keep things as civil as possible with all this shitstorm that's brewing all over the internet about ME3 ending, and they're angry enough already. It's not wise to troll an angry mod who doesn't need a freakin' troll while he's doing his job :D

• @Farlander said: I don't visit BioWare forums (but I've seen what's going on there), but I can actually understand the mods. They need to keep things as civil as possible with all this shitstorm that's brewing all over the internet about ME3 ending, and they're angry enough already. It's not wise to troll an angry mod who doesn't need a freakin' troll while he's doing his job :D

I know and I did apologize but nonetheless 24 hours.

U MAD ? LOL

• @Farlander said: I don't visit BioWare forums (but I've seen what's going on there), but I can actually understand the mods. They need to keep things as civil as possible with all this shitstorm that's brewing all over the internet about ME3 ending, and they're angry enough already. It's not wise to troll an angry mod who doesn't need a freakin' troll while he's doing his job :D

Except everyone over at the Bioware forums have made a real effort to behave themselves while voicing their extreme dislike of the ending. At least that's the attitude that's pervaded the main Retake Mass Effect thread. I haven't really peaked my head out at what's going on in their other forums/threads.

• I just figured out why I don't care more!

It's a video game.

The demands for a new ending are dumb. It won't change anything. You might as well write a fanfic ending; in fact that would probably be more fulfilling.

• @DAISHI said: I just figured out why I don't care more!

It's a video game.

It's three video games. In a story that has been spread out over half a decade of real time. With some investing hundreds of hours playing and replaying them getting invested in the stories and characters within. That ending throws all of that out the window and provides zero closure for your character, their relationships and the galaxy at large. All of the choices players have made amount to nothing in the end leaving the entire experience feeling hollow where it could have been immensely fulfilling seeing the effects your choices made on the outcome. Instead it has left many with no desire to ever revisit a world they once found great joy in.

• It was worth being upset about for a few days at best. In my opinion. There's a lot to be angry at in this world. To let a bad ending to a game series be it, for this long, is burning energy.

• The game was barely released a couple weeks ago. This is a fresh wound and more people are finishing the game and taking up the cause every day.

• Maybe. But this whole Internet movement, let's demand a new ending thing? Better directed at something that will actually impact lives. If all gamers got upset about Jon inequality, we'd have a better tomorrow.

• @DAISHI said: It was worth being upset about for a few days at best.

The game is 60€ or 75 for the Digital Deluxe Edition. That is a lot for many people. How long would you have saved money for that as a kid? Would have taken me 3 months. And you say if it ruins the complete game you should just get over it?

Add Comment