User Avatar Image

Mass Effect Thread

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

WARNING SPOILERS FOR MASS EFFECT 3

Just finished Mass Effect 3 and was having a great time until the last 5 minutes of the game.

The ending you get is probably the most depressing ending and since this is mass effect that´s probably the bad ending right ?

Nope all the endings are almost identical no matter what you do and the outrage on biowares forums are huge.

I would not mind a sad ending but there is no explanation to what happened this is the gaming equivalent to the sopranos ending.

Nothing is really resolved and there is not even an epilogue.

Oh well just look at biowares forums then you know

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/355/index

359 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: We should just have a survival horror game where you play as Joker in the strange new world.

And every enemy kills you in one hit.

• @SHODANFreeman said: And every enemy kills you in one hit.

Not to mention just things like tripping over a tree root. I think his bones would shatter with that...

• I believe Bioware has said any future Mass Effect games would take place before or at the same time as Mass Effect 3, and that it's ending the the chronological end of the entire franchise.

• @Insane Guy of Doom said: I believe Bioware has said any future Mass Effect games would take place before or at the same time as Mass Effect 3, and that it's ending the the chronological end of the entire franchise.

I guess they could always go with my other idea, which is a story that progresses from the worst ending in ME2 where everyone but Joker dies in the end. And then you would have to play through the Reaper invasion with only Joker and any new characters/non-suicide mission characters. Could be fun.

• I've never played any of these games but I find this discussion fascinating. I've been ignoring spoiler warnings and just reading everything, and I've followed several links to discussions elsewhere.

Without knowing the full context, I feel like there was at least one writer pushing for the "indoctrination" ending, and at least one writer pushing against it, resulting in the messy ambiguity present in the current ending. It's like somebody wrote a draft that was set in Shepard's mind and then somebody else wrote the next draft without being aware of that context. I'm coming from nowhere on that though so I don't know if that could really be the case or not.

• My theory is that Shepard is in the Matrix, and his decision is just a game played by the Architect.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@der_ketzer said: There will be no other Mass Effect game.

There will be no other Mass Effect game with Shepard as the main hero. I'm not quite sure what the Bioware guys said, but I'm VERY sure the ME series will go on (in stupid multiplayer sequels most likely).

• @der_ketzer said: This sounds great. How do you come up with things like this?
    And then in ME4 the Normandy is stranded in space without food or water and Shepard is sitting in it alone writing his diary.

Sounds like some sequel that could only be written if the original writers wouldn't be involved in it.

Add Comment