User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 27.2K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

612 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • well they better be doing another one i want to see more of the future with hoverboards and flying cars and that nice pond on the town square

• User Avatar Image
    ufo

Still no season 2 confirm. I have serious Back To the Future withdrawal!!! >>>>>RAGE<<<

• brauche eure hilfe ! die erste episode sollte umsonst sein finde aber den download nicht bitte hilft mir thx

• @ufo said: Still no season 2 confirm. I have serious Back To the Future withdrawal!!! >>>>>RAGE<<<<

wasn't season 1 confirmed at e3 2010? If so expect may of this year if there is such an announcement.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: wasn't season 1 confirmed at e3 2010? If so expect may of this year if there is such an announcement.

I don't think they offically announced it. They just hinted it. Also I think you mean 2011. I really doubt they would announce season 2 before season 1 is released.

• @Tornreaper said: I don't think they offically announced it. They just hinted it. Also I think you mean 2011. I really doubt they would announce season 2 before season 1 is released.

He's saying that since season 1 was announced at E3 2010, then it might stand to reason that season 2 would be announced at E3.

• @Tornreaper said: I don't think they offically announced it. They just hinted it. Also I think you mean 2011. I really doubt they would announce season 2 before season 1 is released.

No I mean 2010; e3 2010 the first game was announced, e3 2011 they did announce Michael J Fox would be returning.

• Great game, it's like an interactive movie after the trilogy! I think Season 2 would be with same gameplay, but in a future BTTF game I would see these ideas:

- Hope the game will be translated in more languages, I mean characters' voice, not only subtitles;
    - More like an action game in GTA style, with possibility of using Marty while walking, running, jumping, using skateboard (also the flying version of 2015), punching rivals (Tannen, Needles etc) and more;
    - Make DeLorean driveable, with choice of 3rd or 1st camera, to drive from one side to another in Hill Valley (on the road and/or flying) or for the time travel by turn on time circuits and write day month and year for time destination; possibility to make a car accident and pay money somewhere to repair the car;
    - While in the past, I want to be able to follow a personal/secondary quest for each character; depending on the choices, that character will become a different person in 1986 (personality, job, friendships etc), creating each time an unique/customized/alternate 1986 and with the possibility of going back to the past and re-changing him/her;
    - Possibility to decide the year of destination (in a range from 1850 to 2050 or more would be fantastic), creating an engine that makes little differences in Hill Valley each 10 years (from 1850 to 1860, 1860 to 1870 etc);
    - If the player doesn't care about DeLorean, by closing and hiding it, thieves or malicious people can stole the car and traveling in time, changing instantly something or someone of 1986's Hill Valley;
    - Possibility of meet same characters in differents years, younger or older; I don't only mean Marty, Doc and other 2/3, I mean principal and secondary characters of Hill Valley, a lot of people;
    - Sometimes, randomly, a DeLorean can arrive from the future; from the car will come out an older Marty or someone else, giving us a new mission to repair an accident or something wrong that will happen now or soon in 1986.

• nice one light angel i agree with most of what you say but would take ages to build a game like that :P

• I know that, it's only a dream ;)

Add Comment