User Avatar Image

The Depression and Advice Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

This thread is here for us to share our fears and any elements of life which we feel are dragging us down. The idea is for us all to help contribute advice to each other and make the people of this world forum happier in their lives.

Introduction video and my own feelings of depression.

Apologies for the poor editing in my video. It was originally a 6 minute dialogue, where I revealed far too much personal information. I ended up taking the video down from YouTube and reuploading a heavily edited version (hence the dodgy edits).

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Davies said: I wish that I didn't over-analyse everything in life but it really is just the way God made me.

I really don't wanna turn this thread into a discussion about religion and faith (I ask this question simply out of interest), but do you actually have a belief in God, Davies? I think this is the first post I've read of yours that suggests so.

• @Hayden said: I really don't wanna turn this thread into a discussion about religion and faith (I ask this question simply out of interest), but do you actually have a belief in God, Davies? I think this is the first post I've read of yours that suggests so.

Agnostic. Basically, I'm on the fence.

• I guess I'm a little agnostic, though I don't believe that there is a physical god so much, but there might be a god "force" that pulls everything together and overrides the laws of nature.
    (Though it rarely ever does it for the sake of stability)

• @RetroVortex said: I guess I'm a little agnostic, though I don't believe that there is a physical god so much, but there might be a god "force" that pulls everything together and overrides the laws of nature.
    (Though it rarely ever does it for the sake of stability)

Are you talking about the strong nuclear force? :p

And on-topic-ish, belief in a higher power is not required to recover from mental issues, in spite of what AA and Scientologists tell you.

• @KuroShiro said: ...belief in a higher power is not required to recover from mental issues, in spite of what AA and Scientologists tell you.

Amen Absolutely!

• @KuroShiro said: And on-topic-ish, belief in a higher power is not required to recover from mental issues, in spite of what AA and Scientologists tell you.

Yeah, Scientologists just teach you how to beat lie detectors. Which is pretty cool except for the hugely expensive workbooks and all the awful stuff that goes along with being a Scientologist. Not really sure what that entails, but I know that a friend who wanted to do a research project on Scientology had to give them all of her personal information just to get out of their "church".

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Alcoremortis said: I know that a friend who wanted to do a research project on Scientology had to give them all of her personal information just to get out of their "church".

How does that work? :confused:

• @puzzlebox said: How does that work? :confused:

I have no idea. This is just what she said during her presentation. Only that she gave them her mother's personal information instead. So now her mom keeps on getting all these emails and stuff asking about Scientology.

Honestly, I would have just given them one of my alternate identities that I have cooked up and my trolling email account. Hmm...I should probably check up on that account, actually. I think it probably has some really hilarious emails in it.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

I'm not shy about straight out refusing requests for personal information - I would have told them to stick it up their arse. What are they going to do, put me in the basement until they get my address and mother's maiden name? :p

• @puzzlebox said: I'm not shy about straight out refusing requests for personal information - I would have told them to stick it up their arse. What are they going to do, put me in the basement until they get my address and mother's maiden name? :p

I really wouldn't put it past these people.

Add Comment