User Avatar Image

Why do people constantly slam this game?

posted by InGenWorker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I’ve seen so many people slagging off this game, and frankly I just don’t understand it. This game has a ace plot line, as well as the best graphics a JP game has ever had!

I have my suspicious that people only wanted a good-graphic version of Trespasser. Telltale made it very, very clear back when they were in earlier development, that this would NOT be a dinosaur shooting game, and more like a sort of interactive movie. And so, they automatically blame the newest (and actually one of the best) Jurassic Park game, that it isn’t what they wanted.

And anyway, a dinosaur shooting game wouldn’t make any sense, in Jurassic Park. On the whole of Isla Nublar, there is a total of one T.rex, and very few Raptor’s left now, and it’s nearly the same for Isla Sorna. If they where, to say, make a Jurassic Park shooting game, people would then complain that it was poorly constructed, what with there being faaarrrr to many carnivores. There are two choices when it comes to Jurassic Park Game’s: Well put together and in-depth plots, or plot less shooting.

I’ve also heard the term ‘Lazy Development’ passed around rather frequently. This also, is incorrect, as almost as much work would have been put into Telltales Game, as would have, say, a good-graphic version of Trespasser. The T.rex roar was just a genuine mistake, I’d like to see some of these people who talk bad about the game because of this make a better game. And then of course, there’s the small delay on the games release, which I would like to point out, Telltale made up with releasing a Deluxe Edition of the game. (And I’d like to point out, also tied a few loose ends up from the movie, like the whole size issue and frill of the Dilo’s, and Triceratops/Torosaurus situation.)

There’s then whole ‘Cut Episode’ thing, but let’s keep in mind the reason this episode was cut was to get it released sooner, because we wouldn’t stop bugging them about it.

And that’s it, if you were expecting a shooter game, despite everything that you have been told by the producers, then you sir (or madam), are a nitwit.

That’s my small rant over; I just wanted to make it very clear to Telltale, that there are some people out there who appreciate their work. (And would also, be very, very greatful for a sequel game! :) )

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Jesus Christ, let go.

But why should i?
    Im not in the wrong here.

• @Lukedfrt said: But why should i?
    Im not in the wrong here.

No, you're not wrong, but...uh...did you ever see The Big Lebowski?

• It apparently costs upwards of $40,000 to release a patch on the Xbox 360 and PS3. I seriously doubt Telltale's going to sink that much money into this game anymore.

• @allaboardfilms said: It apparently costs upwards of $40,000 to release a patch on the Xbox 360 and PS3. I seriously doubt Telltale's going to sink that much money into this game anymore.

Thats beside the point though.
    The game should not have been released in the state that it was, and the only way they could redeem themselves was if they patched it.
    So they are the one's at fault and they can't blame not releasing a patch due to costs.

• @Lukedfrt said: Thats beside the point though.
    The game should not have been released in the state that it was, and the only way they could redeem themselves was if they patched it.
    So they are the one's at fault and they can't blame not releasing a patch due to costs.

Yes they can. If a patch seriously costs that much, then I can definitely see why TellTale wouldn't do that. They're not going to be making any further money off of Jurassic Park, so why spend money that won't help them out financially?

• @Shadowknight1 said: Yes they can. If a patch seriously costs that much, then I can definitely see why TellTale wouldn't do that. They're not going to be making any further money off of Jurassic Park, so why spend money that won't help them out financially?

Well if they dont want to do it because of finances, they shouldn't have released a game that doesn't work.

• @Lukedfrt said: Well if they dont want to do it because of finances, they shouldn't have released a game that doesn't work.

Doesn't work?

*checks* It must work well enough for there to be reviews of the game. And did it ever occur to you that it might be harder for TT to "fix" the PS3/360 versions?

• @Shadowknight1 said: Doesn't work?

*checks* It must work well enough for there to be reviews of the game. And did it ever occur to you that it might be harder for TT to "fix" the PS3/360 versions?

Well my PS3 version of the game has frame rate problems every 10 seconds, that is a product that does not work as it was intended to do. So yes.

And boo hoo for Telltale it might be hard for them to fix the PS3 version? Well they shouldn't have released it in the first place then! They are the ones at fault here, i purchased a product that does not work as it should and they wont fix it. What a joke.

• @Lukedfrt said: Well my PS3 version of the game has frame rate problems every 10 seconds, that is a product that does not work as it was intended to do. So yes.

And boo hoo for Telltale it might be hard for them to fix the PS3 version? Well they shouldn't have released it in the first place then! They are the ones at fault here, i purchased a product that does not work as it should and they wont fix it. What a joke.

Are all the PS3 users having serious frame rate issues with the game or is it only you?

• @InGenWorker said: I’ve seen so many people slagging off this game, and frankly I just don’t understand it. This game has a ace plot line, as well as the best graphics a JP game has ever had!

I'm curious to know what your graphics comment has to do with anything. I mean, the last Jurassic Park game was, what, on the PS2? Of course a game made the better part of a decade later is going to look better. The graphics aren't awful or anything, but they hardly look stellar compared to most other games of this generation, either.

Add Comment