User Avatar Image

Why do people constantly slam this game?

posted by InGenWorker on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

I’ve seen so many people slagging off this game, and frankly I just don’t understand it. This game has a ace plot line, as well as the best graphics a JP game has ever had!

I have my suspicious that people only wanted a good-graphic version of Trespasser. Telltale made it very, very clear back when they were in earlier development, that this would NOT be a dinosaur shooting game, and more like a sort of interactive movie. And so, they automatically blame the newest (and actually one of the best) Jurassic Park game, that it isn’t what they wanted.

And anyway, a dinosaur shooting game wouldn’t make any sense, in Jurassic Park. On the whole of Isla Nublar, there is a total of one T.rex, and very few Raptor’s left now, and it’s nearly the same for Isla Sorna. If they where, to say, make a Jurassic Park shooting game, people would then complain that it was poorly constructed, what with there being faaarrrr to many carnivores. There are two choices when it comes to Jurassic Park Game’s: Well put together and in-depth plots, or plot less shooting.

I’ve also heard the term ‘Lazy Development’ passed around rather frequently. This also, is incorrect, as almost as much work would have been put into Telltales Game, as would have, say, a good-graphic version of Trespasser. The T.rex roar was just a genuine mistake, I’d like to see some of these people who talk bad about the game because of this make a better game. And then of course, there’s the small delay on the games release, which I would like to point out, Telltale made up with releasing a Deluxe Edition of the game. (And I’d like to point out, also tied a few loose ends up from the movie, like the whole size issue and frill of the Dilo’s, and Triceratops/Torosaurus situation.)

There’s then whole ‘Cut Episode’ thing, but let’s keep in mind the reason this episode was cut was to get it released sooner, because we wouldn’t stop bugging them about it.

And that’s it, if you were expecting a shooter game, despite everything that you have been told by the producers, then you sir (or madam), are a nitwit.

That’s my small rant over; I just wanted to make it very clear to Telltale, that there are some people out there who appreciate their work. (And would also, be very, very greatful for a sequel game! :) )

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lukedfrt said: Well my PS3 version of the game has frame rate problems every 10 seconds, that is a product that does not work as it was intended to do. So yes.

And boo hoo for Telltale it might be hard for them to fix the PS3 version? Well they shouldn't have released it in the first place then! They are the ones at fault here, i purchased a product that does not work as it should and they wont fix it. What a joke.

I can sympathize with your frustrations. I asked for, and received, the X Box 360 version for Christmas. I was really enjoying the game until Chapter 2, Episode 2, when a glitch stopped me from progressing further in the game. With no on-screen prompts, the story stopped. I could back out of this and repeat the scenario...but I couldn't move forward. The game literally stopped.

I really want to be able to play this game. I don't know what is wrong. I purchased my X Box 360 console in 2008, so maybe my console is "too old" to play a game that came out in 2011. But I have had no other such troubles with games that have come out this year or last, so it has to be on Telltale's end.

Very frustrating, indeed...

• @The_Ripper said: Are all the PS3 users having serious frame rate issues with the game or is it only you?

A lot of people are having the problem.

@The_Ripper said: I can sympathize with your frustrations. I asked for, and received, the X Box 360 version for Christmas. I was really enjoying the game until Chapter 2, Episode 2, when a glitch stopped me from progressing further in the game. With no on-screen prompts, the story stopped. I could back out of this and repeat the scenario...but I couldn't move forward. The game literally stopped.

I really want to be able to play this game. I don't know what is wrong. I purchased my X Box 360 console in 2008, so maybe my console is "too old" to play a game that came out in 2011. But I have had no other such troubles with games that have come out this year or last, so it has to be on Telltale's end.

Very frustrating, indeed...

It is annoying, especially considering Telltale are supposed to "care" for their customers :(

• @Lukedfrt said: A lot of people are having the problem.

If you can still playing the game despite this frame rate issues... they don't have to give you a refund, I think. It's bad optimizing, that's all. If you are not satisfied for the game's quality don't buy more games from them and that's it.

Anyway what's the fps you get when you are running the game in PS3?

rodmanrc's case is another thing. He can't play the game at all. He may would have the right to claim a refund.

• I guess I'm just having trouble with the people complaining about graphics and gameplay. Telltale put out like, what, a dozen or so videos and screenshots that showed exactly what the game looked like and how it played. I get being pissed about bugs and glitches, that's what brought me here in the first place. That's what's pissing me off about Resident Evil ORC. I knew how the game looked, and I knew that it was going to be QTE, because of all the previews we were given for it.

• @T163 said: I guess I'm just having trouble with the people complaining about graphics and gameplay. Telltale put out like, what, a dozen or so videos and screenshots that showed exactly what the game looked like and how it played. I get being pissed about bugs and glitches, that's what brought me here in the first place. That's what's pissing me off about Resident Evil ORC. I knew how the game looked, and I knew that it was going to be QTE, because of all the previews we were given for it.

Most of the complaints are not because the game is QTE based, it's because the QTE system is so poorly executed and unpolished.

Like you said, fans knew what to expect, Telltale just didn't deliver.....

• I think your all raving lunatics i loved jp,diffrent style than what im use too but i enjoyed it its an adventure game so yeah i expected that most people come ove to telltale thinking they are gonna get some huge epic shooter or rpg sorry to dissapoint thats not what telltale is about telltale been very niche in their gaming genre they are just getting more and more people because they are releasing some major ips like bttf and jp and next walking dead. alot of people are gonna qq about walking dead too because without reading and thinking they are gonna preorder then relize its not like cod or l4d or dead island but its a surprise and adventure game. WELCOME to the niche.

• @Goldrock said: I think your all raving lunatics i loved jp,diffrent style than what im use too but i enjoyed it its an adventure game so yeah i expected that most people come ove to telltale thinking they are gonna get some huge epic shooter or rpg sorry to dissapoint thats not what telltale is about telltale been very niche in their gaming genre they are just getting more and more people because they are releasing some major ips like bttf and jp and next walking dead. alot of people are gonna qq about walking dead too because without reading and thinking they are gonna preorder then relize its not like cod or l4d or dead island but its a surprise and adventure game. WELCOME to the niche.

Ugh. Not even going to touch this one....

• @jpark_08 said: Ugh. Not even going to touch this one....

Thought the same :)

• @Goldrock said: I think your all raving lunatics i loved jp,diffrent style than what im use too but i enjoyed it its an adventure game so yeah i expected that most people come ove to telltale thinking they are gonna get some huge epic shooter or rpg sorry to dissapoint thats not what telltale is about telltale been very niche in their gaming genre they are just getting more and more people because they are releasing some major ips like bttf and jp and next walking dead. alot of people are gonna qq about walking dead too because without reading and thinking they are gonna preorder then relize its not like cod or l4d or dead island but its a surprise and adventure game. WELCOME to the niche.

I'm pretty sure I'm a lot more familiar with Telltale than you are. I've beaten all three Sam and Max seasons, SBCG4AP, Tales of Monkey Island, Puzzle Agent, Hector, BttF, and Jurassic Park. I'm also probably a lot more familiar with the adventure genre than you are. I've perfect-scored the entire Zork trilogy.

I agree that the newbies that complain constantly about Telltale not making FPSes (nothing against FPSes myself, mind you) are annoying, but believe it or not, not everybody who doesn't like one of Telltale's games is like that.

The reason I hated Jurassic Park isn't because it's an adventure game. It's because it's not an adventure game.

• @RAnthonyMahan said:
    I agree that the newbies that complain constantly about Telltale not making FPSes (nothing against FPSes myself, mind you) are annoying, but believe it or not, not everybody who doesn't like one of Telltale's games is like that.

Being a newbie to this forum, I have to ask: are there really people who complain constantly about Telltale not makes FPS's? I haven't seen any yet. In fact, what I mostly see is people who use FPS's as a strawman (i.e. "You don't like JP? You're probably just mad because it's not like Call of Duty, etc").

Add Comment