User Avatar Image

The Depression and Advice Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 860 users

This thread is here for us to share our fears and any elements of life which we feel are dragging us down. The idea is for us all to help contribute advice to each other and make the people of this world forum happier in their lives.

Introduction video and my own feelings of depression.

Apologies for the poor editing in my video. It was originally a 6 minute dialogue, where I revealed far too much personal information. I ended up taking the video down from YouTube and reuploading a heavily edited version (hence the dodgy edits).

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: I really wouldn't put it past these people.

They're dangerous hoors. When I was doing my degree I did a piece on them as it was very trendy at the time, what with the BBC's John Sweeny shouting his head off at a senior member on Panorama.

After I interviewed (or tried to, they countered by trying to grill me as best they could) whoever they had on the desk of their grubby building, I was followed around the city for a good while before I ducked into the train station and lost them.

• @JedExodus said: I was followed around the city for a good while before I ducked into the train station and lost them.

Or did you? OR DID YOU?

You can never be sure.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i cant resist secretely buying things

• Edd Gould has passed away from cancer. A lot of you, if not all of you, don't know who Edd Gould is. But he was a great man and a huge comedic influence to me. And he's dead at the age of 23. I wish I wasn't telling you this right now.

I desperately need something to cheer me up right now. I feel like all the humour has been sucked out of my life.

• @StrongBrush1 said: Edd Gould has passed away from cancer. A lot of you, if not all of you, don't know who Edd Gould is. But he was a great man and a huge comedic influence to me. And he's dead at the age of 23. I wish I wasn't telling you this right now.

I desperately need something to cheer me up right now. I feel like all the humour has been sucked out of my life.

As far as re-instilling humor, I don't know why this is, but tragedy somehow seems to lend itself to some of the greatest comedic endeavors. It's like they kinda balance each other out. And with him being a comedic genius and all, I think he would probably approve of you continuing the comedy legacy.

I'm really bad at this.

I guess what I'm saying is I still tell the jokes that my grandma used to tell before she passed because I'm sure she would have wanted them to be remembered. And also, they're quite funny.

• I don't get into discussions of my faith much because the internet is no good place for discussing such matters, in my opinion. I'm also an intellectual Christian with highly liberal progressive beliefs who thinks all people should have equal place at the table of discussion regardless of creed or belief, be they atheist, Christian, Buddhist, etc.

I do know I suffered from continuing depression for almost six years before I had a divine moment one night, after which I never really had the same problems. Oh sure, I get sad like everyone else and depressed when the proper time comes, but there's a gap between that and the daily depression, desire to die, crying every night sort of depression I used to have.

• I just get back from Spring Break this morning to find that my grandmother has water on her lungs and is dying in the hospital. My parents just left to bring the hospital her will. I don't fucking care anymore.

• Sigh. Forget the dumb will. Go to the hospital and let grandma know she's loved.

• They are trying to drain her lungs right now. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

• @lovetodo22 said: They are trying to drain her lungs right now. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Please know that you have my sympathies, for what it's worth. Stay strong; it's all you can do.

Add Comment