User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 23.2K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RAnthonyMahan said: Rick must have "BOSCO" tattooed on the back of his neck.

    Or a tattoo of the Netherlands, on his nether lands.

  • The release date is the 24th right? This is going to be agony. I want to play the game already! No comics til the 18th and no show to tide me over? Got the social networking games but they aren't really that enjoyable. Give me something to tide me over for the next 25 days!

  • @Chillforce said: The release date is the 24th right? This is going to be agony. I want to play the game already! No comics til the 18th and no show to tide me over? Got the social networking games but they aren't really that enjoyable. Give me something to tide me over for the next 25 days!

    There isn't a release date for the game yet.

  • @Gman5852 said: There isn't a release date for the game yet.

    Well the release is April 2012, the preorder offer ends April 23rd. So I extrapolated. Could be off by a day or so but it's close enough and still fits my demand.

  • I've been watching all the Q&A and the Playing Dead but I haven't heard how much you can really shape this world. For example, can you simply turn around and put a bullet in Clementine?

  • I'm curious how much freedom we will really have as a player, can we simply turn around and put a bullet in Clementine? My guess is probably not, but maybe some other allies we just don't want around can get knifed. I really hope we do have the freedom to kill most anybody, as in the comic and the TV show this was always an option for survivors. Shane wanted to sleep with Lori, so he was going to kill Rick. Please incorporate this feature into the game, I want to be able to murder people if they get on my nerves or are holding me down.

  • Guys they pretty much confirmed Rick being in the game during one of the Playing dead interviews. Go back and watch them if you don't believe me, they said something like blah blah people from the comics like Rick and Glenn and Hershel. But if you did meet him you would probably have to shoot him, he's a cop and you're convicted of murder.

  • I actually have to read the comics now because I want to know about that prison and the weird Michonne person everybody is talking about.

  • @Pixelated88 said: I'm curious how much freedom we will really have as a player, can we simply turn around and put a bullet in Clementine? My guess is probably not, but maybe some other allies we just don't want around can get knifed. I really hope we do have the freedom to kill most anybody, as in the comic and the TV show this was always an option for survivors. Shane wanted to sleep with Lori, so he was going to kill Rick. Please incorporate this feature into the game, I want to be able to murder people if they get on my nerves or are holding me down.

    Are you a psycho or something? O_o

    "Telltale, please, let me kill the character I don't like in-game. Rick would." What kind of question is this? Do you really have read the comics?

    The last sentence creeps me out. You're like The Governor.

  • @The_Ripper said:
    "Telltale, please, let me kill the character I don't like in-game. Rick would." What kind of question is this? Do you really have read the comics?

    In the comics, Rick did say he would kill anyone for his family with no hesitation, if they asked that of him.

Add Comment