User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 24.3K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Razorneck said: In the comics, Rick did say he would kill anyone for his family with no hesitation, if they asked that of him.

Sure. For surviving. When he believes they're on danger. Not because a person being rude with Rick or their family he would kill him/her, for instance.

This is not that kind of game where you kill anybody when you want (comic plot either, concerning Rick, at least). It's not GTA.

I hope in the game we will have to make some decision that implies let somebody die or not or even kill someone at some part of the history but I don't think there's a button in ALL character interactions what makes Lee to kill that character, do you?

• @Pixelated88 said: I actually have to read the comics now because I want to know about that prison and the weird Michonne person everybody is talking about.

Buy the compendium (volumes 1-8). You can get it for a decent price now. Volume 16 should be released in the summer, so some time after that you will be able to buy compendium 2 (volumes 9-16).
    Personally I bought compendium 1 some time last year, but couldn't wait until compendium 2 was released, so bought the remaining volumes individually.

• @The_Ripper said: Sure. For surviving. When he believes they're on danger. Not because a person being rude with Rick or their family he would kill him/her, for instance.

This is not that kind of game where you kill anybody when you want (comic plot either, concerning Rick, at least). It's not GTA.

I hope in the game we will have to make some decision that implies let somebody die or not or even kill someone at some part of the history but I don't think there's a button in ALL character interactions what makes Lee to kill that character, do you?

He said something about he was ranking his group (at the prison). So he knew who to pick or kill if he had to choose. Cause he didn't care who lived or died. Don't get me wrong though I agree with you that you shouldn't be able to kill anyone you disagree with (I think TTG already said that's not gonna happen).

• I am not sure if this is an appropriate question, but I figured I would give it a go. I recently purchased a new iPad 32 GB for a bunch of different reasons, but one of the rather bigger ones being the ability to play The Walking Dead later this month, if it does release for the iPad that is.

That said, between the New iPad and iPad 2, do you all foresee any major shortcomings on playing The Walking Dead on this platform or should I just stick with my Macbook?

I have seen a lot of people asking whether or not this will be released for iOS devices and I have done a good deal of Google searches just to scour the Web for some information in order to ascertain whether or not it will. From the looks of it every article I have come across points to a late April release for iOS devices, if that is true I am super excited.

At any rate I was looking for an honest opinion on the developers behalf as to which platform would be the wisest to stick with. Heck, if it is released on both Mac OS and iOS I will most likely end up buying both iterations to have on the go.

Thanks for your time, it is appreciated.

• @Razorneck said: He said something about he was ranking his group (at the prison). So he knew who to pick or kill if he had to choose. Cause he didn't care who lived or died. Don't get me wrong though I agree with you that you shouldn't be able to kill anyone you disagree with (I think TTG already said that's not gonna happen).

Yep Rick goes a bit nuts as the story goes on lol

• Alot of people are new too ttg so im guessing they dont really know what their games are all about its not a gta game its not a deadisland game its a adventure game adventure games are in their own genre of game and its gonna be great. Alot of people i think are under the impression its gonna be a typical zombie shooter.

• @Goldrock said: under the impression its gonna be a typical zombie shooter.

This is the reason why I'm here, because it isn't ;)

• @Razorneck said: This is the reason why I'm here, because it isn't ;)

I'm here because years ago someone said there would be pie.... I'm still optimistic that there will be pie.

• yes pie .....damned it now i hungry...

• Telltale team, in the IGN site TWD game release date is 17th of April. Is this correct or they are just guessing. Thanks

Add Comment