263 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • you will not be charged until May 2 so you definitely have some time to round up some money.

• I don't know... I mean, I'd love to see this done, but I really don't like the post-DF kickstarter band-wagon. Let's face it, the amount of projects started on Kickstarter, both from industry old-time professionals and more younger people, has sky-rocketed after Double Fine's success, and this leads to over-saturation. Double Fine Adventure - awesome, Wasteland 2 - awesome, but by this point, personally I'm like 'I will not even think about spending money anymore', and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Patience is also important.

• I do not blame them jumping on the bandwagon.. For me it's not annoyance from over saturation, it more I just can't possibly fund all of them so generously... So I have to choose the ones most important to me.. DF and Larry $100.. Jane Jensen and tex maybe $15 - $50 after my bills are taken care of first.

For me it just feels like Al Lowe deserves the win the most, the industry really seemed to have shit on the guy and he, more so then any other developer has always answered every bit of fanmail and provided free material and games for his old titles.. The genuinely seems like a really nice man and that should be rewarded

• What is Lesuire Suit larry? I've skimmed passed some videos of it but never actually watched them.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Nintendo Boy1 said: What is Lesuire Suit larry? I've skimmed passed some videos of it but never actually watched them.

It's an adventure game series that was created by Al Lowe at Sierra (which was a (friendly) rival in the adventure game market of LucasArts, the latter of which is the company at which most of the initial staff from Telltale worked).

• @Jennifer said: It's an adventure game series that was created by Al Lowe at Sierra (which was a (friendly) rival in the adventure game market of LucasArts, the latter of which is the company at which most of the initial staff from Telltale worked).

Ah, cool. I might just drop $15 or maybe even $75 on it. Seems interesting.

• Monkey Island, Kings Quest, Sam and Max and Leisure Suit Larry.. are my all time favorite adventure game franchises.

If the money keeps increasing at the rate it is now I estimate they will be anywhere from $100,000 to $200,000 short of their goal.. Time to spread the word again... ask all your friends and family (probably not Grandma) to back this thing.

• A Kickstarter update: new rewards (T-shirts included) and the official forums: http://forums.replaygamesinc.com/

Hooray! :p

• @Irishmile said:
    If the money keeps increasing at the rate it is now I estimate they will be anywhere from $100,000 to $200,000 short of their goal.. Time to spread the word again... ask all your friends and family (probably not Grandma) to back this thing.

Well, Kickstarter projects follow a pretty remarkably consistent pattern. There's an initial burst, followed by a longer period of fairly stable but low income, followed by a big burst on the final few days as the fence-sitters come in.

Actually, the drive is not doing that badly. It could certainly be better, but it's around halfway there with a fair bit of time to go. If they keep giving good video updates, and release some cool news or new rewards they should probably be ok.

• Also this was in my Sub-Box today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKrwe4nidXA

Still not feeling like paying for that remake. I'd rather get the collection on Steam. Or a complete new Game from this project.

Add Comment