User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 41.6K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: I was in a Google+ hangout with Icedhope and Fawful, and they couldn't tell that I was moving my hands most of the time.

.....nah, too easy.

Honestly though, I pretty much stopped playing my wii. I just don't like the controls at all. Donkey Kong was pretty fun but I tried a few other games that I ended up bailing on because of the controls. The Wii is just not for me.

• Twilight Zone Season 2 and 3 (Blu Ray)

They are £18.99 each on Amazon now! (used to be £32-35)

Since I have a blu ray player on my lappy now, AND I've almost finished watching the first season, I thought I would grab some more episodes to watch at my leasure!

• @RetroVortex said: Twilight Zone Season 2 and 3 (Blu Ray)

Awesome. I love the original 'Twilight Zone'. The episode 'It's a Good Life' is one of the best things I've ever seen in my life. There's no such thing as a bad episode of the show, only some so-so episodes but all are at the very least memorable. An absolute classic of a show.

There's only one 'Twilight' in this dojo and it doesn't involve any sparkling vampires.

• @St_Eddie said: Awesome. I love the original 'Twilight Zone'. The episode 'It's a Good Life' is one of the best things I've ever seen in my life. There's no such thing as a bad episode of the show, only some so-so episodes but all are at the very least memorable. An absolute classic of a show.

There's only one 'Twilight' in this dojo and it doesn't involve any sparkling vampires.

Just been watching "The Big Tall Wish" (thats how far I am now)

And even in that lesser known episode, its just superb.
    (The acting, the attention to detail, everything just way ahead of its time! :D)

My favourite so far has to be "Time Enough At Last". Just Fantastic. But many of the episodes I have seen so far have just been excellent!

EDIT: A World of Difference is another interesting one I watched recently.
    Really makes you think at the end.

• @Gman5852 said: Kinect Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Skyward Sword in everything but swordplay ironically(a second delay on a game that requires split-second reactions aren't exactly good).

Split-second reactions in Skyward Sword? Not when I played it. I found the delay to be more noticeable when watching someone else play as opposed to when I myself played, more than likely cos i'm mid-gesture when the animation begins to play.

The motion controls weren't perfect but I certainly say the delay wasn't one of the things that was an arse rash. The constant recentering's far higher up my list or the few times that the controls just spaz out.

• @JedExodus said: Split-second reactions in Skyward Sword? Not when I played it. I found the delay to be more noticeable when watching someone else play as opposed to when I myself played, more than likely cos i'm mid-gesture when the animation begins to play.

The motion controls weren't perfect but I certainly say the delay wasn't one of the things that was an arse rash. The constant recentering's far higher up my list or the few times that the controls just spaz out.

I'm taking about how the enemies have their attacks block in different ways. Sometimes they change up rather quickly and when Link takes a second to swing, you get screwed over real fast, especially when you take damage on certain enemies from their blocks.

• @Gman5852 said: I'm taking about how the enemies have their attacks block in different ways. Sometimes they change up rather quickly and when Link takes a second to swing, you get screwed over real fast, especially when you take damage on certain enemies from their blocks.

If you're referring to Ghirahim, the key to beating him is to wait until he's right up next to you. Like... really right up next to you. Then your attacks will work. If you're merely in sword striking distance, he deflects it way too fast.

@Gman5852 said: The constant recentering's far higher up my list or the few times that the controls just spaz out.

I had though about this. The reason for it is because either the game would require you to point directly at the screen, or else it could center Link's sword on the screen given the position in which you're holding the controller.

They apparently decided on the latter. That way, you are not required to constantly point the controller forward every time you try to aim.

The problem is, when you press the button to aim and then decide to point your controller at the screen, the game has already centered on your controller position, thus you have to recenter. If you realize that you don't actually need to point at the screen, and then become used to not having to, you find you don't have to recenter so often (or else you do point anyway and just become adept at quickly recentering.)

That is primarily how Skyward Sword's controls are different than Twilight Princess (besides the 1:1 control, obviously): In Twilight Princess, the IR sensor controls aiming; In Skyward Sword, the accelerometer and gyroscope do.

• 1C Complete Pack

(Not actually complete as it were, but its over 80 games for like £17 (Cost me £15 due to IGN discount)

Steelwing: Zone of Alienation £8

Not the best band in the world, but I kind of like them.
    They have good potential.

• I actually bought this a few days ago but forgot: My graduation robe, weird hat, and stole as well as my class ring.

I can already hear the annoying sounds of Pomp and Circumstance like some sort of sound-only vision of the future.

• @Alcoremortis said: I actually bought this a few days ago but forgot: My graduation robe, weird hat, and stole as well as my class ring.

I can already hear the annoying sounds of Pomp and Circumstance like some sort of sound-only vision of the future.

Congrabulation!

All I bought was some Chinese food and defense against the Jedi. Turns out the mob have a protection racket on that, now.

Add Comment