User Avatar Image

Ah, fond memories!

posted by FrankT on - last edited - Viewed by 534 users

D'you know, the first two Wallace & Gromit Adventures were the first Telltale games I played, before I even got interested in Sam & Max! Maybe one day, after I finish up "The Devil's Playhouse", I'll get to buying the other two episodes. Come to think of it.. have they made reference to any other Telltale license? In fact, do any of them do..?

11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    @FrankT said: D'you know, the first two Wallace & Gromit Adventures were the first Telltale games I played, before I even got interested in Sam & Max! Maybe one day, after I finish up "The Devil's Playhouse", I'll get to buying the other two episodes.


    You really should. Episode 3: Muzzled is the best episode of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. Episode 4 is also excellent. I'd have to say that the four episodes of Wallace & Gromit are probably the most faithful and fun adventure games I've yet played from Telltale (with Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island right up there as well).

    @FrankT said: Come to think of it.. have they made reference to any other Telltale license? In fact, do any of them do..?
    Telltale's games are known for their references, or in-jokes. It's a tradition they carried on from their founders' tenure at LucasArts.

    I compiled a list of screenshots of in-jokes that I could find in games here.

    Episode 1 of Wallace & Gromit contains a reference dating all the way back to Maniac Mansion that has also been included in many Telltale Games (such as Tales of Monkey Island). Tales of Monkey Island episode 1 also has a reference to Wallace & Gromit in return. :)

    Episode 2 of Wallace & Gromit has a slight modification of the reference from episode 1 that makes it a reference to Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

    I haven't yet scoured episodes 3 and 4 for injokes.

  • This thread has made me nostalgic for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. Thank you!

  • @Jake said: This thread has made me nostalgic for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. Thank you!



    Hey Jake i got a question for you. What is your favourite Wallace & Gromit episode?

  • Truly this was a great series by TT...possibly my favorite so far. The puzzles were fun and the characters were great. A second season would be nice, but I guess that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

    This thread made me want to go and hunt for more references to other Telltale games. I played Muzzled and found a reference to Bone: The Great Cow Race. :)

    I updated My blog and Mixnmojo with a screenshot of it. :)

    I'm going to play through The Bogey Man next to see what I can find. :) There's also a bunch of references to Wallace & Gromit shorts in the episodes. I'll have to play through and get screenshots for those too once I'm done. :)

  • I will admit, I was surprised the team didn't get Peter Sallis to voice Wallace. :o

  • What was everyones favourite parts in the episodes?

  • @ryannumber1gamer said: Hey Jake i got a question for you. What is your favourite Wallace & Gromit episode?



    I liked the second halves of both The Last Resort and Muzzled quite a lot. If I had a favorite episode it would be a toss up between those two, but probably trending towards Muzzled.

  • @Jake said: I liked the second halves of both The Last Resort and Muzzled quite a lot. If I had a favorite episode it would be a toss up between those two, but probably trending towards Muzzled.



    I had a hard time deciding between those 2 about which was my favourite episode but i went for The Last Resort because of the puzzles, the mystery and Having to keep everyone happy in the middle

Add Comment