User Avatar Image

Streaming the LucasArts adventure library

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 696 users

This is going to sound so stupid... Oh, hi there!

Do you have fond memories of your first plays through the old LucasArts adventure games? Do you wish you could relive those experiences? Well, here's your chance! Join me on Livestream as I experience the majority of the old LucasArts library for the first time! Offer me advice to help me advance! Offer me false advice to hinder me! Watch and see if you can pinpoint the exact moment the game breaks my spirit and I resort to a walkthrough! Or just sit back and re-experience the novelty of a first playthrough!

Now, things are a little crazy for me right now, so there's not going to be any sort of schedule for how I do this. I might let you guys know a day ahead, or a few hours ahead, or I might just post in here and tell you guys I'm going to start playing something.

I've already played through the Monkey Island games, Hit the Road, and Grim Fandango, so I'll be running through Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Loom, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and The Dig. As a bonus, I might also stream my first ever play of SBCG4AP Episode 5: 8-Bit is Enough. As an extra bonus, I might stream Hit the Road and Grim Fandango anyway, since Hit the Road confused the hell out of me and I haven't played Grim Fandango in a good long while.

I'll be broadcasting on my Livestream channel: http://livestream.com/guruguru214

So...anyone interested?

Game List
Maniac Mansion - Completed 3/14/2011
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders - Completed 3/21/2011
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Loom
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Full Throttle
The Dig
The Curse of Monkey Island
Grim Fandango
Escape from Monkey Island

Bonus
The Longest Journey

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, landscaping has slowed down, and I really want to get back to this thing, so would you guys be up for a run of Indy 3 on Monday?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

I'd love to play Indy 3 - about when on Monday? I've got something on but it probably won't be all night.

• I was thinking the same as what I wanted to try before, probably around 8-9 PM BST. To be honest, I'm not even entirely certain my own schedule is clear tomorrow, but I wanted to say something just in case it is. But I really want to get back to this thing, so I'm going to do my best to make it happen.

• Crap, something did come up. I do want to try to get back to it this week, but it'll likely be Wednesday or Thursday, around the time I said.

• Oh well, I look forward to this. Hopefully won't forget about it this time. Also I saw "8PM BST" and thought "bst? where the heck is that?"

... I feel like I've let my country down.

• Bad news, everyone! Nobody told me today was going to be my dad's day off and that he wouldn't be working it, and he apparently managed to find some flagstone on Craigslist. If I'd known, not only would I have not planned this for today, but I would've gone to bed earlier last night and gotten more than three hours of sleep before the jerk dragged me out of bed.

Since the only three days that really work for me to have a chunk of time to do this are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and tomorrow's not looking so good, I'm going to have to put this off (again) until next week. Sorry, guys!

• Oh, hey, look at this thread I haven't touched for almost a year!

...I forgot that it was that damn flagstone that got in the way last time. Shit's still sitting in piles in the back yard.

Anyway, for those of you who don't read the Whatever thread, I'm going to be attempting my run of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on Thursday (that is to say, about 29+ hours from now). I'm not totally sure how that day is going to go, so I'm going to say that the play could start pretty much any time in the evening, mountain time zone. Watch this space.

Also, for this run, I'm considering running a Google+ hangout while I play. I'll post a link to it here if I do.

It's always more fun with an audience, so I hope to see a bunch of you there!

• I've been meaning to catch someone's stream of game, I just need to work out if I either need to stay up all night or just get up early. Bah, time zones. Give me colour time any day.

• If it's good with you guys, I'm looking to start up Indiana Jones in about an hour.

Add Comment