User Avatar Image

The Depression and Advice Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 888 users

This thread is here for us to share our fears and any elements of life which we feel are dragging us down. The idea is for us all to help contribute advice to each other and make the people of this world forum happier in their lives.

Introduction video and my own feelings of depression.

Apologies for the poor editing in my video. It was originally a 6 minute dialogue, where I revealed far too much personal information. I ended up taking the video down from YouTube and reuploading a heavily edited version (hence the dodgy edits).

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @lovetodo22 said: They are trying to drain her lungs right now. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

I hope everything goes ok. I know what your going though if you need someone to talk to.

• Hope that your grandmother has improved. Just hold her hand and be there when you can.Feel free to express your innermost emotions if you feel the need . you are not alone .

• I went through this a few years ago..and I hope everything goes well. Your grandma is in my thoughts.

• So I decided to start a text and pictures based let's play of 'Flight of the Amazon Queen' and I suggested to RetroVortex that he might want to do the same with his planned let's play. It's all good.

RetroVortex now has a bunch of views and replies and I have a handful of views and no replies.

Man, sometimes I despair.

Don't get me wrong; I like really RetroVortex and I'm happy that he has a successful let's play going but why am I constantly the underdog in life? Is it that my style of writing is particularly uninteresting? Is it because I irritate people? I honestly try my best to entertain but I guess that I'm just useless at doing so.

Le sigh.

• @St_Eddie said: So I decided to start a text and pictures based let's play of 'Flight of the Amazon Queen' and I suggested to RetroVortex that he might want to do the same with his planned let's play. It's all good.

RetroVortex now has a bunch of views and replies and I have a handful of views and no replies.

Man, sometimes I despair.

Don't get me wrong; I like really RetroVortex and I'm happy that he has a successful let's play going but why am I constantly the underdog in life? Is it that my style of writing is particularly uninteresting? Is it because I irritate people? I honestly try my best to entertain but I guess that I'm just useless at doing so.

Le sigh.

I was going to reply, but I was doing my LP.
    Acutally, I think yours is much better.
    I think its great, and you should keep doing it.

(In fact no-one has actually TALKED about my LP, just about the game itself, and me posting updates, so I wouldn't let it get to you ol' chap! :D)

• @RetroVortex said: I was going to reply, but I was doing my LP.
    Acutally, I think yours is much better.
    I think its great, and you should keep doing it.

(In fact no-one has actually TALKED about my LP, just about the game itself, and me posting updates, so I wouldn't let it get to you ol' chap! :D)

Aw, thanks matey. :)

Since I made my depressed post, I've actually had a few replies to my let's play (including a comment from your good self), so I'm feeling much happier now. I'll continue playing soon and post part 2 tomorrow.

• @St_Eddie said: Don't get me wrong; I like really RetroVortex and I'm happy that he has a successful let's play going but why am I constantly the underdog in life? Is it that my style of writing is particularly uninteresting? Is it because I irritate people? I honestly try my best to entertain but I guess that I'm just useless at doing so.

Le sigh.

As somebody whos obvious greatness is oft overlooked I feel your pain.

But no seriously, both Lets Plays are excellent and i'll be following them both (i'm in work til 11pm tomorrow so if you wanna push out something for me to read to keep me sane i'd much appreciate it ;))

I can't speak for everyone but sometimes you just don't have the time or energy to reply to posts, so you read them and smile just. :)

With that said I must end this post as I have to shave the other half of my face now.

• @JedExodus said: I can't speak for everyone but sometimes you just don't have the time or energy to reply to posts, so you read them and smile just. :)

Actually I do that an awful lot too. It's a good point and well made. :)

@JedExodus said: With that said I must end this post as I have to shave the other half of my face now.

Hehe. I often shave all of my beard off, save for a mustache; just to see what I look like. Inevitably I look like a complete plonka, so I then finish shaving. I'm weird like that!

• Hey guys! Have a listen at this incredibly cheerful song I can't stop listening to. It reminds me of me.

• My grandmother is in a rehab home right now. They don't think she'll live for more than 2 or 3 years. At least I'll have time to say goodbye.

Add Comment