Menu
User Avatar Image

Check out Sam & Max trailer!

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

For those who hadn't noticed yet, the trailer is now live on snm.telltalegames.com!

If it happens to hitch on your PC, let it play all the way through one time. It will play smoothly for you the next times through.

Downloadable versions will be available on Monday!

- Joel

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote]I know the problem: Sam talks too much through his teeth.[/quote]
    Couldn't quite put my finger on it, but yes that's a major problem with Sam's voice. It's like he's trying too hard to maintain the voice.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Sure it's not the same as the original Sam, but is it even slightly possible to have a different person sound exactly the same? I don't think so, so let's just hope it improves a bit because there's nothing to really do about it.

On a different note, anyone notice the phone is black unlike the red one in the original game? Noticed that while comparing the voices to the old game. An odd random change. Speaking old the old game, open it up and use the look too on their answering machine in their office. Sam says, "A primitive answering machine, it's an 8 track". And look! it's still there, albeit a bit different looking, in the new version. Had to point that out, it made me laugh. I really hope you can use the look tool on everything in the entire game like the original, that's what made it so great, partially.

• [quote]Is it only me? Or am I seeing some props from bone in the green swirling thingie scene?

[/quote]

I noticed that too! The honeycomb and well bucket. maybe some of the other objects are from CSI?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

There's also a heart pierced by a sword, which somehow reminded me of Bumpus' VR simulator in Hit The Road.
    Dom

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

my thoughts on the trailer..good not great..

first of all what was with all the mentions of gametap? this is supposed to be a trailer promoting the upcoming game.. as ppl have said the FP 1 was better because it showed a sign of things to come.. I would have liked the trailer to be more about the new games and sam and max's return.. instead of episodic content and a partnership with gametap!

The voices: I think max's voice is great i'd be quite happy 2 have it like that 4 the game.. Sam i think was just off.. he just didn't deliver the lines like he should have..for full comedic value

I think the graphics and animations are lookin pretty spot on..if they continue that on with the game I'd be quite happy

• [quote]
    On a different note, anyone notice the phone is black unlike the red one in the original game? Noticed that while comparing the voices to the old game. An odd random change. Speaking old the old game, open it up and use the look too on their answering machine in their office. Sam says, "A primitive answering machine, it's an 8 track". And look! it's still there, albeit a bit different looking, in the new version. Had to point that out, it made me laugh. I really hope you can use the look tool on everything in the entire game like the original, that's what made it so great, partially.[/quote]
    I noticed that their car no longer has a top, either.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]I noticed that too! The honeycomb and well bucket. maybe some of the other objects are from CSI?[/quote]

Don't forget the sandwich...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Sam's voice wasn't that far off in my opinion, he just sounded a bit too stiff. I'm hoping that as the folks doing the voice overs get more comfortable with the characters, that will improve.

Max on the other hand struck me as wrong all together. Both the slight accent he had and the attitude inherent in his voice were missing from . He just didn't seem as... insane.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

uhhhg.

The problem is not wether ether of them sound like their cartoon selves (and Sam just doesnt - I agree), the problem is that nether of the voice actors seem to have any sense of timing. Or perhaps the dialogue editors have no sense of timing. The lines are there, and they just sit there, flat. poorly delivered, poorly spaced. I would rather play a game with text than listen to the jokes die like this.

Heres hoping they know what they're doing and figure it out.
    urf

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I dug this trailer a lot. I think it was better than the Freelance Police trailer that was released.

I'm very happy with it.

Add Comment