User Avatar Image

Check out Sam & Max trailer!

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

For those who hadn't noticed yet, the trailer is now live on snm.telltalegames.com!

If it happens to hitch on your PC, let it play all the way through one time. It will play smoothly for you the next times through.

Downloadable versions will be available on Monday!

- Joel

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I love the trailer.

Max's final line after the logo came up at the end of the trailer actually had me laugh out loud.

Great job guys. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I thought I would register and give my thoughts on the trailer. I have heard of Sam and Max, but never played the original game, so I can give a different view of the trailer than long time fans.

I found the trailer to be done very well. As I said I have never heard Sam or Max's voice before. So to me they both sounded fine. Sam sounded like a dragnet sort of cop. The dialog was funny and well written. I certainly made me want to check out the games when they are released.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

well,personally i don't like either of the voicecover in this teaser.
    i have to admit,though,sam's voice is not that far off from my former expectations,sedate and deep,and that's a charm.just a bit improvement and it could well do the trick.nevertheless what sucks this time is that this weary puppy sounds a bit over-vigorous here and there and his occasional abused accent kinda of getting on my nerves.
    max's voice acting ,well,almost wicked ,which is just the point.however i just couldn't take it the high-pitched squeeky tone of his,too bookish,as in my opinon,it somehow lacks a sense of "streetwise",and that's what made me so addicted to the old hit the road thing.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]
    first of all what was with all the mentions of gametap?
    [/quote]

Could have swaorn it said gameTOWN when it was released yesterday :-/

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

While the Bone voices have left me a little cold, I think the Sam & Max voices are great. Max sounds pretty much exactly like his previous incarnations (how can they find three guys who sound so similar?), and Sam is surprisingly close, too. It sounds like Sam's voice actor is trying to give him a sort of Sam Spade/film noir detective voice and delivery, which I think works well with the character and is a nice contrast with Max's irrepressible personality. I say, give 'em a chance. I think it will work well.

Plus, he said "ass!" Cool. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

hello,can someone be kind enough to post up all the lines they said in the trailer plz?i really had a had time catching them,not being an english native.
    ps:i'm a gr8 fan of Sam&max .and this trailer looked amazing,especially the new max model,seemed quite better than the one in the old freelancd police trailer.i'm loving it.cheers

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]hello,can someone be kind enough to post up all the lines they said in the trailer plz?i really had a had time catching them,not being an english native.
    ps:i'm a gr8 fan of Sam&max .and this trailer looked amazing,especially the new max model,seemed quite better than the one in the old freelancd police trailer.i'm loving it.cheers[/quote]

[quote]Narrator: There are those that say that madness has a certain sound.

*Phone Rings*

Max: I got it! I got it!

Sam: I got it.

Sam: Hello. Yes. Yes. Holy jumping saints-a-plenty riding sidewise on a candy-pink fat-boy! We're on our way, commissioner.

Sam: Good thing I know a short-cut through the mercy stuff of a human psyche. Be careful not to get any on you.

Max: So, where are we headed this time, Sam?

Sam: To GameTap. They say the world's unwashed button-mashers have gone too long unsatiated.

Max: That's not a word.

Sam: Yeah, so?

Narrator: Everyone's favorite dog and rabbit-y thing together again and again and again and again...

Max: Look at me, Sam! I'm episodic.

Sam: An episodic, sociopathic lagomorph... The mind boggles.

Max: What's this? Are we dead?

Sam: More likely, it's an underachieving art director's pedestrian commentary on the excruciating sameness of modern packaged entertainment.

Max: Shall we trash the place, Sam?

Sam: Can't think of a reason not to.

Narrator: Sam and Max, coming to GameTap, from Telltale Games.

Sam: Who is that guy?

Max: I don't know, but I hope he's in range.

Narrator: Uh-oh.

*Gunshot*

Sam: Geez! You shot me in the ass, bucket-head![/quote]

There you go. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I like the trailer! (Too bad we didn't see more of the office).

The new car totally rocks, though, and Sam & Max sound almost the same as the original voices in ''Hit the Road''. I agree the acting needs some work, but I see potential.

I'm excited! :D

--Erwin

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

thanx bassguy,you are a genius!!!!

Add Comment