User Avatar Image

The Simpsons!

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

1193337959_f.jpgYes a thread for the show The Simpsons of which I am a huge fan of. So post your thoughts about your favourite episodes characters ect.

And as always last weeks episode was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever.

standingcbg.gif

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm always surprised that people can remember the names of the episodes, or which season they were in. Mind you, the issue for me is probably fragmented viewing. The simpsons airs on both Sky 1 and Channel 4 (and at one time BBC2), all airing different episodes, so I have no idea which season is which.

• It's mostly due to the DVD releases. We have booklets, you begin to recognise them by name.

• Ah, that makes sense. I've never bought any of the boxsets, mainly as there's 3/4 episodes on every day, which is more than I'd be able to watch.

• That is true. To be honest, it was the commentaries that got me hooked. So entertaining. They've become more bland since season 10 as most of the great personalities left around that point.

• Who's your favourite character? Mine's Mr. Burns.

MrBurns.gif

• @JedExodus said: Who's your favourite character?

LisaSimpson.gifLisa Simpson - Because like me, she is a vegetarian. I also like her because she's often the only voice of reason in an insane town. Her incredibly strong ethics are admirable.

marge_simpson_cartoon-5166.jpgMarge Simpson - Because she reminds me of my own Mum and she's such a caring character, who's full of compassion and is a devoted to her family.
    1XNGv.gifSqueaky-Voiced Teen - Because he consistently makes me laugh!

• A regular? I'd probably say Smithers or Flanders. Writing a character that only says jokes isn't as funny to me as the characters which are played off of extremely well. Smithers and Flanders are excellent examples. They rarely ever hold down a show, yet if they're around, there's a joke coming in some form.

of all time?
    Hank Fuckin' Scorpio
    hank-scorpio.png?w=655

I don't know if he ever came back, but that was such a great character.

• We're on favourite characters now? Here's my top three:

3) Moe Szyslak
    2) Dr Nick Riviera
    1) Professor John Frink

• @Johro said: Hank Fuckin' Scorpio...

I don't know if he ever came back, but that was such a great character.

He kind of came back as the vice President in the movie. It was originally going to be Scorpio but the writers were concerned some viewers wouldn't remember him (yeah, like we'd forget a classic character like that) so they changed his name and appearance. The voice is still Scorpio's though.

• @St_Eddie said: He kind of came back as the vice President in the movie. It was originally going to be Scorpio but the writers were concerned some viewers wouldn't remember him (yeah, like we'd forget a classic character like that) so they changed his name and appearance. The voice is still Scorpio's though.

Yeah Albert Brooks. He's done a few voices on the show too.
    According to IMDB...
    "500 Keys (15 May 2011) - Hank Scorpio (voice) (as A. Brooks)"
    I, now, HAVE to see that episode.

Add Comment