User Avatar Image

Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road Studio

posted by Elizabeth42 on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 3K users

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, Jane Jensen has a kickstarter up for her new adventure-gaming focused company:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg

This kickstarter is moving along, but slowly. If you haven't pledged yet and you're interested in adventure games, please consider it! The Gabriel Knight series is a classic - some of the best adventures ever, in my opinion - and Gray Matter was pretty fun, too.

90 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I'm personally hoping for Moebius. It sounds the most interesting out of the three games, and I would prefer to see her first crowd funded game be an original game rather than a sequel.

• I'm leaning towards Moebius as well though the Anglophile one has started to grow on me since more details were added as it's sound quite different from the usual kinda stories you get. I haven't played Gray Matter yet so have no real interest in a sequel right now, though that may change after I've played the first game (which won't be by this weekend anyway).

• I'd be happy with any, but Anglophile is definitely my favorite at the moment. :)

• @chrisopherson1921 said: Please stop with the kickstarter already!

Why? Worthy projects get funded.. and ones not worthy do not... how is that a bad thing?

• @Irishmile said: Why? Worthy projects get funded.. and ones not worthy do not... how is that a bad thing?

Why humour him by starting up a conversation? He's the sad little troll who's been flooding this forum with his bullshit.

• Voting for the game is just about to start.

• Jane Jensen is my absolute favorite adventure game designer, so this is hugely exciting for me. :D

For those who have backed the project, I'm curious which game you ended up voting for? I surprised myself by picking the Anglophile game. I love Jane's dark, brooding mysteries (and leading men...) but the unrequited romance angle of her stories always seems to be my favorite part, so I thought it could be a fun twist to have a whole game about that.

Frankly I'll be happy with any/all of the games (looks like Moebius is going to win).

• I picked Moebius but Anglophile was a really close second.

• @Irishmile said: I picked Moebius but Anglophile was a really close second.

Same here.

• ...And Moebius is the runaway winner. So for those of you waiting to know what exactly you get for your $16 the answer is: Moebius. It looks a lot like Gabriel Knight, actually -- even more so after reading the "extended" backers-only pitch. Here's the description from kickstarter:

Quote:
    Story: Malachi Rector is an antiquities dealer who hunts down artifacts all over the world. After losing everything in a fire, he's hired by a Manhattan millionaire to investigate a series of events and document them in his meticulous way. But Rector soon realizes that the events hold a bizarre significance, as does his own existence. This is a metaphysical thriller ala Dante’s Equation and Gabriel Knight.

Add Comment