User Avatar Image

The Simpsons!

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 3.1K users

1193337959_f.jpgYes a thread for the show The Simpsons of which I am a huge fan of. So post your thoughts about your favourite episodes characters ect.

And as always last weeks episode was, without a doubt, the worst episode ever.

standingcbg.gif

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Johro said: Yeah Albert Brooks. He's done a few voices on the show too.
    According to IMDB...
    "500 Keys (15 May 2011) - Hank Scorpio (voice) (as A. Brooks)"
    I, now, HAVE to see that episode.

Don't. You'll be dissapointed.

• Favourite episode would be either Fear of Flying, Rosebud or Kamp Krusty.
    I'd agree with JedExodus Mr Burns is my favourite character any episode that focuses on him is usually a favourite for me second would probably be Hans Moleman.

• @St_Eddie said: 'The Simpsons was one of the greatest animated shows on TV. 'South Park' is one of the greatest animated shows on TV.

'The Simpsons' will always deserve respect for its earlier seasons but 'South Park' continues to be genius (for the most part).

... Just my opinion of course.

No disagreements here. Before the simpsons the best animated comedy was the flinstones (which at the time was the closest thing for an adult oriented cartoon). I'd say it had a good 10 seasons or so before it went downhill. but south park celarly went to the next level. Any rational comparison other than longetivity (which south park has a disadvantage due to being started later) favours south park; south park is practically done on the fly (they react to real events quickly), the south park movie dominated the simpsons movie, south parks seasons 10-15 were far better than those of the simpsons.

• South Park has a few episodes that are the best of all other South Park episodes but it doesn't have any episodes that I would say were in my best episodes out of any animated TV or even in all of TV, The Simpsons does. And I can't think of a South Park quote that I use in everyday conversation.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Futurama is much better than either South Park or the Simpsons in my opinion. But I do enjoy all three.

I'd have to say my favorite Simpsons episode is King of the Hill. It's the only one that I remember the entire plotline and jokes vividly. With all of my other favorite episodes, it's either one or the other.

My favorite Simpsons character is:
    jaysherman.png

• @Jennifer said: My favorite Simpsons character is:
    jaysherman.png

The shameless apperance of Jay Sherman in 'The Simpsons' (in order to promote 'The Critic') is certainly not Matt Groening's favourite character. In fact, he's disowned that episode. Seriously.

Personally, I like 'The Critic' and Jay's appearance in 'The Simpsons'.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@St_Eddie said: The shameless apperance of Jay Sherman in 'The Simpsons' (in order to promote 'The Critic') is certainly not Matt Groening's favourite character. In fact, he's disowned that episode. Seriously.

Personally, I like 'The Critic' and Jay's appearance in 'The Simpsons'.

The whole brouhaha over the whole thing was silly in my opinion. A Star is Burns was a great episode.

• Of course it was! Football to the groin! It's always funny!

• @Darth Marsden said: Of course it was! Football to the groin! It's always funny!

Also, Barney's short film in that episode is superb.

Add Comment