User Avatar Image

The Depression and Advice Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

This thread is here for us to share our fears and any elements of life which we feel are dragging us down. The idea is for us all to help contribute advice to each other and make the people of this world forum happier in their lives.

Introduction video and my own feelings of depression.

Apologies for the poor editing in my video. It was originally a 6 minute dialogue, where I revealed far too much personal information. I ended up taking the video down from YouTube and reuploading a heavily edited version (hence the dodgy edits).

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @lovetodo22 said: My grandmother is in a rehab home right now. They don't think she'll live for more than 2 or 3 years. At least I'll have time to say goodbye.

That's extremely sad, but I'd like to tell you something. When you lose someone you love, it doesn't matter if you said goodbye or not. What will matter is how you spent time with them.

Best wishes to your grandmother, but don't beat yourself up over this. Just let her know you care and you'll both be happy.

• Alright, I'm going to have to confess. The ending for S&M3: "The City That Dares Not Sleep" is making me feel suicidal. :( (Of course, a sad piano solo will do that to you.) I cannot bear to think what would've happened if Max hadn't turned up again! :(

• @FrankT said: Alright, I'm going to have to confess. The ending for S&M3: "The City That Dares Not Sleep" is making me feel suicidal. :( (Of course, a sad piano solo will do that to you.) I cannot bear to think what would've happened if Max hadn't turned up again! :(

I'm sure Telltale'll just love to hear that. Don't feel that way, mate. It's a comedy game at heart. You're supposed to laugh.

• @Secret Fawful said: I'm sure Telltale'll just love to hear that. Don't feel that way, mate. It's a comedy game at heart. You're supposed to laugh.

I know... but.... it's all... so gritty and so dark... there's a difficulty...

But you see! This was one reason I experimented with Nino Rota's music: to make the melancholy just a touch more powerful! And I will admit, it worked.

• Ye Gods, am I depressed.

I've run out of my anti-depressants and haven't taken any for 2 weeks now. I'm supposed to take one tablet a day. I really feel quite suicidal.

I won't be able to get anymore until I return to my hometown in about 7 days!

I wish this feeling would go away.

• @FrankT said: I know... but.... it's all... so gritty and so dark... there's a difficulty...

But you see! This was one reason I experimented with Nino Rota's music: to make the melancholy just a touch more powerful! And I will admit, it worked.

Read Mein Kampf. That'll cheer you up. But no, you need to seek a doctor. You're not crazy, but these feelings require help.

• @Secret Fawful said: Read Mein Kampf. That'll cheer you up.

Ah, the equivalent of 'It's a Wonderful Life' in book form.

@Secret Fawful said: you need to seek a doctor... these feelings require help.

I don't think I can seek a doctor until I return to my hometown and am able to speak to my GP. :(

@Secret Fawful said: You're not crazy...

Have you seen my YouTube videos?! I'm quite clearly certifiably insane!

• Not you, DaviesSon, I was replying to Frank T's suicidal thoughts.

• @Secret Fawful said: Not you, DaviesSon, I was replying to Frank T's suicidal thoughts.

Bloody hell, sorry Fawful. I haven't had anywhere near enough sleep this past week and I'm not paying proper attention. My apologies.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@St_Eddie said: I don't think I can seek a doctor until I return to my hometown and am able to speak to my GP. :(

Can you visit a walk-in clinic, maybe take one of your old prescriptions to show them? Have them call your regular GP?

Add Comment