User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 82.2K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

374 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey everyone I'm coolsome but you can all call me coolsome the. My hobbys include long walks on the beach, milking stuff, out door bowling, everything, mayonnaise and of course playing tag with keep of the grass signs. I hope we can't all be great friends!

• Hi everyone, I am newbie from Vietnam, I have just become member of this forum. I hope to share interesting things about the hottest and latest games with all of you.

• Hello, I am me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSA_sWGM44
    The creator and owner of the original Mature thread. It can be found by following the lights down the aisle to the games threads. Alas, it is now locked. But if you are in the mood for some real mature discussion, head on over to the real mature thread located in main forum.

• Hi I'm Queen Sars and just recently got into Telltale's games this year (just Sam and Max for now anyways). I'm 21 and work as a pizza/donut maker but mostly I can be found just playing a variety of games around the house or sometimes making sweets (lately brownies :3 ). I'm really new to these forums and I'm glad someone started an "Introduce yourself" thread! I apologize ahead of time if I do something wrong on these forums (you know, like "this topic doesn't belong here" kind of stuff D: ) and it's nice to meet you all. :)

• @Queen Sars said: I'm 21 and work as a pizza/donut maker but mostly I can be found just playing a variety of games around the house or sometimes making sweets (lately brownies :3 ).

Anyone who can make pizza, donuts, and brownies is going to have a lot of friends! :D

• Hello fellow Telltalers o/

I turned 22 just a week ago, and I've lived in Finland all my life.
    I however have plans of moving abroad someday, but I currently don't have the money nor suitable phase in life to do so just yet.

I fell in love with the Monkey Island serie (particularly the third one :P) when I was on 3rd grade or so in primary school. Back then I didn't understand English at all, but somehow I managed to make my way through the first half of the game (Up until the seafighting part, which was way too linguistic to nail with sheer luck). I learned the basics of English from that game, and today I have played it through like.. I don't know.. 10 times?
    And I've played all the other MI-games too from start to finish several times, so, a huge fan :)
    I play a lot of different types of games too, but a similar kind of fanaticism isn't placed towards any other game.
    ...Well, maybe the Elder Scrolls serie.

I recently started to write a script for an point&click -adventure game myself, and at first I thought that I'd market it forward, but then I decided also to make the game myself. I am good at drawing, and I managed to lure my friend aboard who's even better :P
    We haven't made anything even remotely like this before, but I believe that with the right software, our determination and combined visual and graphic skills, we can make a superb game based on my kick-butt script ;D

I also absolutely love music! Love to listen to it, as well as making it. I'm not very good at making it, though, but it's just something I enjoy. I play a little guitar and sing, but if I compose something I do it with a computer. My biggest idols in music are Elvis Presley, Michael Kiske and Tobias Sammet, and mainly their music brighten up my every day.

I don't want to spill here my entire life story, this'll have to do.
    See you on the threads! :)

• Hi everyone!

I'm a bit new to Telltale games and got interested with the release of Back to the Future series. Haven't visited the forum since I joined last November. I've since found Telltale to be a breathe of fresh air! They are really different from a lot of other developers. They are a one after my own heart. One who cares more about story and experience rather than just blowing stuff up lol I'm really excited for The Walking Dead series they're doing. It looks to be Telltale's most ambitious and best project yet!

I'm a chatty fellow, so be aware. Also, I'm a nice guy too. :rolleyes:

• Hello!

I'd just like to say I really like the telltale community. I'm very new to these forums and telltale in general but everyone seems so nice and I really like that the people from TTG actually talk to their fans and take their thoughts into consideration.

As for introducing myself: My name is Autumn Rose and I just turned 23 years old. There's not really that much to say about me, I typically like FPS's. I'm very very excited for The Walking Dead. From all that I've seen, telltale has done a good job of keeping close to the theme of the comics which I'm grateful for.

Hopefully I'll be spending more time getting to know telltale, their games and you fine people of the forums! :D

• Dear all users. Welcome. Just wanted to let everyone know that it's Telltale, not TellTale. I remember somebody up high saying that it's their pet peeve.

Add Comment