User Avatar Image

Playing Dead discussion.

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

http://www.thewalkingdeadgame.com

A lot of you have seen this already since we're getting press coverage today, but there's the link to the first episode of Playing Dead - a new online talk show we're producing to offer you a behind the scenes look at the making of the Walking Dead game.

Our video editor Shaun Finney spearheaded this project, and it turned out great! A.J. Locascio (the voice of Marty in the Back to the Future game) is hosting, and the first episode features some of the Telltale crew talking about their favorite moments from Robert Kirkman's Walking Dead comic, and an interview with lead designers Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman on what the game is, and what to expect from it. There's screenshots from the game throughout the video.

The first episode will be hitting iTunes, Xbox Live and PSN soon, and we'll have new episodes for you on a biweekly basis going forward, with 9 episodes in total.

Looking forward to hearing what you think!

-----------------
Handy Links:

Playing Dead Episode 1
Playing Dead Episode 2
Playing Dead Episode 3
Playing Dead Q&A 1
Playing Dead Q&A 2
Playing Dead Q&A 3
Playing Dead Episode 4
Playing Dead Episode 5

132 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • if i had to guess there problably gonna have an episode after each game episode so they can discuss the game similar to how they have it done during the tv show only makes sense.

• I can't wait for The Walking Dead episodes to releases!! Love what you guys do. Don't know the best place to post requests but Blade Runner would be an aaaaawwwwwesome movie for you guys to make episodic content from and I'm sure others would agree!!! So many games copy Blade Runners look, ambience, and atmosphere, you guys could do wonders with that license!!!

• I think they could do up a very nice bladerunner game too lowlyknight that would really be amazing if TelTelG could do that!

• Um... hopefully you guys have already played Westwood Studios 1997 BladeRunner game??? I don't know if it could be done better than that. Good gameplay, myriads of choices, faithful and authentic, good length, great cgi videos.....

Oh, and FOURTEEN different possible endings!!! I still play it once every couple years. Get yourself a copy, you wouldn't be asking for a BladeRunner game if you'd played it already. Seriously I don't ever need another BR game.

I would however, love to see new Quest for Glory, King's Quest, always more Monkey Island

• @ADavidson said: Um... hopefully you guys have already played Westwood Studios 1997 BladeRunner game??? I don't know if it could be done better than that. Good gameplay, myriads of choices, faithful and authentic, good length, great cgi videos.....

Oh, and FOURTEEN different possible endings!!! I still play it once every couple years. Get yourself a copy, you wouldn't be asking for a BladeRunner game if you'd played it already. Seriously I don't ever need another BR game.

I would however, love to see new Quest for Glory, King's Quest, always more Monkey Island

Still one of my all time favorites really. Up until that game, I never had the patience to finish a game. This one I just had to finish, it really was one of the best. Classic classic classic.

Stubbs was another quiet gem out there. Very underrated.

:0

• I never got that much into Stubbs, but it was fun enough. BladeRunner I beat at least 3 times, with different endings everytime. I have it sitting here at my office, should play through it again.

Speaking of old xbox games tho, ever played Call of Cthulhu?? Bethesda of Elder Scrolls fame worked on it for about 5 years, came out right as the 360 came out so it didn't get any attention. Wonderful game tho, very atmospheric.

• @jimrad1 said: Still one of my all time favorites really. Up until that game, I never had the patience to finish a game. This one I just had to finish, it really was one of the best. Classic classic classic.

Stubbs was another quiet gem out there. Very underrated.

:0

Yes it was. As you can see Stubby old boy is my avatar everywhere. It was such a crime the way it was underrated. I'm sad we'll probably never see a sequel due to Wideload having been bought by Disney and Alex Seropian having left.

The guys who made Stubbs though were great guys. Alex who started Wideload co-founded Bungie. Matt Soell also went from Bungie to Wideload. I knew from the start they'd do some great stuff and Stubbs was a gem.

• When is Playing Dead 4 out?

• @PsychoRaven said: Yes it was. As you can see Stubby old boy is my avatar everywhere. It was such a crime the way it was underrated. I'm sad we'll probably never see a sequel due to Wideload having been bought by Disney and Alex Seropian having left.

The guys who made Stubbs though were great guys. Alex who started Wideload co-founded Bungie. Matt Soell also went from Bungie to Wideload. I knew from the start they'd do some great stuff and Stubbs was a gem.

Have to agree with you there. I loved Stubbs the Zombie. Played that game to death on my old XP computer. Sadly, Stubbs will not work on my Vista 64 system.. :( I'm hoping maybe GoG will get ahold of Stubbs someday and fix it so it will run on newer computers..

• @Arsun97 said: When is Playing Dead 4 out?

I don't know but we've recorded stuff for it, so it's surely coming soon!

Add Comment