User Avatar Image

The Depression and Advice Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

This thread is here for us to share our fears and any elements of life which we feel are dragging us down. The idea is for us all to help contribute advice to each other and make the people of this world forum happier in their lives.

Introduction video and my own feelings of depression.

Apologies for the poor editing in my video. It was originally a 6 minute dialogue, where I revealed far too much personal information. I ended up taking the video down from YouTube and reuploading a heavily edited version (hence the dodgy edits).

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @puzzlebox said: Can you visit a walk-in clinic, maybe take one of your old prescriptions to show them? Have them call your regular GP?

Thanks for the advice Puzzlebox, that's a good suggestion.

I don't have any of my old prescriptions to hand (they're all at home) but I will look into phoning my GP and seeing if I can get something sorted.

Thank God for this thread (even if I did create it myself).

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Glad to hear it. Let us know when you get it sorted out.

• @Secret Fawful said: Read Mein Kampf. That'll cheer you up. But no, you need to seek a doctor. You're not crazy, but these feelings require help.

I'll speak to my counselor, then!

• You get sorted St. Davies?

If for whatever reason you haven't you can get ahold of NHS Direct 24 hours on 0845 46 47, they should be able to help out and advise you, in some cases they can make arrangements and liaise with surgerys for you.

• @JedExodus said: You get sorted St. Davies?

If for whatever reason you haven't you can get ahold of NHS Direct 24 hours on 0845 46 47, they should be able to help out and advise you, in some cases they can make arrangements and liaise with surgerys for you.

I didn't contact them yet, although I do plan to soon (tomorrow maybe). In the mean time, I'm self-medicating with alcohol. I'm aware that's not a great thing to do but hey, it works!

• @St_Eddie said: I didn't contact them yet, although I do plan to soon (tomorrow maybe). In the mean time, I'm self-medicating with alcohol. I'm aware that's not a great thing to do but hey, it works!

It best be on a full stomach or i'll get upset! :p

• @FrankT said: I'll speak to my counselor, then!

Good! Most people I know with feelings of self-harm refuse to seek help. I'm glad you're willing to seek it out.

• @Secret Fawful said: Good! Most people I know with feelings of self-harm refuse to seek help. I'm glad you're willing to seek it out.

I'm starting to feel better already!

• Guess it's time for me to get back on that soapbox because once again reality has dealt me another suckerpunch.
    Got a pitch tomorrow and I have no nice clothes to fit.
    Can't even fit into the suit I bought last year!
    Can't even fit into xxxl clothing.

It's official. I've become too fat and useless for society to deem useful.

Might as well look up the nearest abotoir...

I can't even manage myself these days then how could I be responsible for anything at all.

My diet is crap. I'm lazier than Garfield on casual Friday, and I have less money than a Mexican flea.

Have I really let my life get this?

As I said before, my current lifestyle needs to change.

But in terms of exercise there is little that I can do.

I literally spend most of my week on my arse!
    I have a sit-down job, I ride the bus a lot, and most of the time I can't even leave the house!

Can't even exercise at home. There is just no room.
    I remember once I was doing exercise before school at like 6am but I was so noisy it just woke everyone up and they complained.

I can't go for a quick ride on a bike because quite shamefully, this 21 year old doesn't even know how!

(blame dad for that. Instead of positive reinforcement all I got was front row abuse. Talk about backseat rider!)

• (on a phone here won't let me scroll)

Then what's left? The gym?

Cost. But more importantly time.

Just can't seem to fit anything together properly let alone going to the gym.

Bah! Curse this pathetic excuse of a man!

Add Comment