User Avatar Image

What if the fans want an open world zombie game?

posted by Lupus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

In a interview about the game it was said that they didn't want to make another open world game. I was just thinking about how cool it would be, I was just wondering how many of you would still like to see a open world The walking Dead game. Add your own ideas and what you think would be cool. I think that using hoards of zombies as a deterrent for travel would be cool. Also figuring out how you would deal with other people you come across. Would you befriend them or kill them on site just to take their gear. I mean what would you gain from letting them join your group. A carpenter could help you make better barricades and a mechanic could fix cars. If you kill them on site then you will never know.

26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lupus said: In a interview about the game it was said that they didn't want to make another open world game. I was just thinking about how cool it would be, I was just wondering how many of you would still like to see a open world The walking Dead game. Add your own ideas and what you think would be cool. I think that using hoards of zombies as a deterrent for travel would be cool. Also figuring out how you would deal with other people you come across. Would you befriend them or kill them on site just to take their gear. I mean what would you gain from letting them join your group. A carpenter could help you make better barricades and a mechanic could fix cars. If you kill them on site then you will never know.

Good to see you did zero research on the game at all. Seriously, the comics are NOT about what you just stated. It is about survival, what idiot would go traveling the world if they have a perfectly good shelter? The only time the group travels is when their base fails somehow.

• I'm still waiting for that open world RPG set in the scope of Skyrim, Fallout, etc. with the basis being a zombie apocalypse. I'd like a game where I can traverse across most of the country (or have more of it added with expansions) where I can see the world as it would appear in that post apocalyptic environment.

I could see Disney World with Mickey shambling around as a zombie. Haha.

For me, if I was in that scene, I wouldn't bunker down and hide. Resources only last for so long. You'd have to be a nomad. You might settle somewhere for a bit, but eventually you'd need to move. Especially if the infestation was too bad.

But yeah, I'm waiting for that game myself. I used to like the storyline RPG's with linear gameplay. Now I like open world games and end up spending hundreds of hours on them.

EDIT:

I thought I should add... I would want an open world MMORPG. Not just a single player game.

• The best open world zombie game i've played is an indie project still in alpha called Project Zomboid.

While it's still in alpha what the makers want to do with it, to me atleast, makes it the perfect zombie survival game, with a major emphasis on 'survival'.

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

@cormoran said: The best open world zombie game i've played is an indie project still in alpha called Project Zomboid.

While it's still in alpha what the makers want to do with it, to me atleast, makes it the perfect zombie survival game, with a major emphasis on 'survival'.

I love Project Zomboid! You should totally support these guys! :)

• Bought Project Zomboid after hearing about it here. Wonderful game! I've never experienced hopelessness in a game before. I hope - ;) - the development continues for it. (Fear not. I'm still buying TWD, though.)

• @harrisonpink said: I love Project Zomboid! You should totally support these guys! :)

Well you know, minus the break-in with the source code stolen and zero backups.

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

@Gman5852 said: Well you know, minus the break-in with the source code stolen and zero backups.

They're back on track, and have been for a while. :)

• I've played open world games before and rarely came across anyone useful. Just saying.

• It seems, basing on the small sample size from youtube comments etc, the people wanting an Open World game are under 15. I wish kids today would accept the experience of a story driven game, even if "shock and horror" it's similar to a point and click adventure game.

This discussion has been closed.