User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 43.7K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It would be new kinds of awesome. Doctor who is just made from this type of game. The collectible side. All the doctors with all their companions and all their outfits. Not to mention the hundreds of lien species in the show too. Gameplaywise it doesn't make much sense, but how cares if the 8th doctor lives again! First stop Lego. Next stop, full-blown movies and TV series!

• Why is there no Torchwood game? That series would work well as a game. You could do stand alone missions or cases and have a story arc running though it. Or be like the later series and make it one long arc.

• Good news, everyone! The Big Finish Klein trilogy will be airing on Radio 4 Extra starting on the 21st after much delay. It is lightly recommended to pick up Klein's first appearance, Colditz, before listening.

• Ten Doctors nothing. Rich Morris has got something REALLY big planned for next year -

http://comics.shipsinker.com/?id=608

• @Ribs said: Good news, everyone! The Big Finish Klein trilogy will be airing on Radio 4 Extra starting on the 21st after much delay. It is lightly recommended to pick up Klein's first appearance, Colditz, before listening.

Goddammit, I'm really regretting not picking that one up now.
    @Ribs said: Ten Doctors nothing. Rich Morris has got something REALLY big planned for next year -

http://comics.shipsinker.com/?id=608

Now seems as good a time as any to finish reading "the ten doctors"!

As an aside, has anyone else noted that the popularity of this thread seems to have dropped significantly since the appearance of the pony thread? Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Also, the ponds are no longer filming doctor who. Sob.

• @Friar said: Goddammit, I'm really regretting not picking that one up now.

If they air Klein's Story (a one-parter on the same disc as the second release), it's basically a full-cast retelling of who Klein is with flashbacks (featuring Paul McGann as an alternate Eighth Doctor!), so you shouldn't be too bad. Nick Briggs also still does the hosting gig for the slot, so he may prepare a basic summary.

• @Ribs said: If they air Klein's Story (a one-parter on the same disc as the second release), it's basically a full-cast retelling of who Klein is with flashbacks (featuring Paul McGann as an alternate Eighth Doctor!), so you shouldn't be too bad. Nick Briggs also still does the hosting gig for the slot, so he may prepare a basic summary.

Something along the lines of "subscribers get more at bigfinish.com"? :p

Also, I forgot to post this. It's the last part of the "Dalek Tales" CGI fan thing, telling the backstory behind Victory of the Daleks and Dalek Kahn's rescue of Davros. Featuring a guest appearance from everyone's favourite doctor. (no, not him, the other one. No, the Other one!)

• Anyone seen this developer diary for the upcoming Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/developer-diary-doctor-who/730167

Any thoughts about the game? I have a problem with that every DW game they make today is supposed to be an "interactive episode" of the show. Why can't they just focus on making a good game instead?

• Given how the episodes are more spaced out as of late, I suspect it's a ploy to try and make us overlook the fact that we're waiting longer and longer for new episodes. And it's not really working, to be honest...

I also find it interesting they claim this is the first real 'interactive episode', despite it being a sidescrolling platformer. It's like they're acknowledging that 'The Adventure Games' weren't all that interactive. :)

• Ever since the seventh Doctor offered Tuck a place in the TARDIS at the end of "The Incomplete Death's Head", we've known that he's got an eye for the ladies.

Well.

Guess who's turning up in "Doctor Who" now!

http://bigfinish.com/news/v/chase-masterson-joins-the-doctor

Oh, crap, it's AUDIO!

Add Comment