User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 24.3K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is the zombies ability and action are based on the description given in the book "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks?

• User Avatar Image
    crofael Telltale Staff

@ADavidson said: Finally got steam version installed on Windows 8. Had to run in XP compatibility mode, game freezes if controller is plugged in and won't load. Finally got into game and there are polygons missing everywhere with glitches and black bars

Any ideas? I'm gonna install on my win7 home pc too, just wanted to try it out at work first

Any Windows 8 video drivers are going to be experimental versions, so I am not surprised there are glitches, but at the same time because we don't have a lot of information on those drivers, I don't know that there's much we can do about it unfortunately.

• So... when Episode 2 comes out..... will our save files from the Steam version work to continue our story???? Since they're probably in different folders????

Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation. That way I can play a game that works while I wait

• So are you guys always this crappy with release of your games, and treatment of you customers? I do not want a buggy Steam code as compensation (buggy as proclaimed by you yourselves comparing Steam version to TTG version), and am surprised at that being the compensation.

And this is a question for the Walking Dead Team, so unless you are on it...dont bother fanboy answering.

• @ADavidson said: Oh, also, I think we should all get the Almost Everything pack for free as compensation.

Compensation for what? For getting the game in time? How about no?

• i just finished playing trough the first episode when will episode 2 come out

• @big-augen said: Compensation for what? For getting the game in time? How about no?

Getting the game in time? I think not. I refuse to soil my computer with that terms of service nightmare called Steam. I already tried the game on my bro's PC at our shop through steam and it was glitchy as hell to the point I couldn't play it, and yes it met the requirements.

Giving me a code to a 3rd party program release and expecting me to install 3rd party software is not acceptable. Maybe if they gave me a PSN code for the game so I could actually PLAY it maybe that would be ok.

• Why is there no German texts in the game :-(

• @a47cdermarc said: Why is there no German texts in the game :-(

Only English at the moment.

• will the xbox version be out soon or is that on a delay

Add Comment