User Avatar Image

Collected bugs & glitches (merged threads)

posted by Keywork on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Just downloaded off steam and excited to play before work*Leaving in 20min*but as soon as it shows a shot of his cuffs it crashes my video card drivers. I have a GTX 295 and most recent drivers for it so i thought it might have been Multi GPU mode so i disable it to no avail. Not going to be back for a quick response but i was wondering if anyone else was having these problems or if there is a fix for it?

348 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    crofael Telltale Staff

NetNut: Thanks for the event log info! We're looking into why that particular .dll could be causing the game to crash.

• @Seg said: L1qu1dat1on

Looking at the specs, it might be the automatic detection for the Optimus Routing layer isn't switching over to the GPU (as in not the IPG or Integrated card).

I don't have the setting enabled because I don't have that card, but attached is a screenshot of the photo of the setting you need to set.

* Go into the NVIDIA Control panel and go to the "Manage 3D Settings" section under "3D Settings".
    * From there, go to the "Program Settings" tab, then hit the "Add" button and pick WalkingDead101.exe from the game's install location.
    * Once added, select the "Preferred graphics processor" to "High-performance NVIDIA processor".
    * Click "Apply".

Hopefully this will force the Optimus Routing layer to the GPU and not the IPG.

Since you have been so fast and took my incident as a special case I did you one better:)
    error.png

And as an appreciation from my part I will cancel the Steam Ticket:) and retract my low blows and Anger.

Good Luck

• Out of curiosity, is this a steam-only problem? Or are there no problems from players that bought directly from TTG?

• Hi guys, I just signed up to post my fix. I set the compatibility mode to "Windows 98/ Windows Me". I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me and I have just finished my first playthrough. This game is awesome!

I hope this works for you guys.

• I had a similar problem though by disconnecting all my USB operated hardware and dis-abling the software associated with each thing and only connecting the mouse/keyboard and turning down the mouse sensitivity in game it fixed the issue for me :) though I then ended up using my wired xbox 360 controller just for easier controls and button mashing at certain scenes

• @c_worawit said: Hi guys, I just signed up to post my fix. I set the compatibility mode to "Windows 98/ Windows Me". I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me and I have just finished my first playthrough. This game is awesome!

I swear to GOD if 1 more person posts a fix that works for them and not me I'm going to lose it:) LOL

• @c_worawit said: Hi guys, I just signed up to post my fix. I set the compatibility mode to "Windows 98/ Windows Me". I know it sounds crazy but it worked for me and I have just finished my first playthrough. This game is awesome!

THIS WORKED FOR ME. Everyone make sure to try this.

How do I do that is retard terms?

• Changing it to windows 98/ME worked for me.

Add Comment