User Avatar Image

Why no Geek?

posted by ezzetabi on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

It is since I seen the show that I was wondering why Darla, the geek didn't appear in the adventures... Any reason?
Was it too complex to manage?
Just you did not think about it?

Am I the only one who misses the genius girl?

41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • max as a girl?? gross...:eek:
    anyway, the way i see it, the geek grew up, got tired of building hightech nicnacs and, because she doesn't actually know what to do with her life, changed her name to sybil...

• @wisp said: max as a girl?? gross...:eek:
    anyway, the way i see it, the geek grew up, got tired of building hightech nicnacs and, because she doesn't actually know what to do with her life, changed her name to sybil...

Dyed her hair... got thinner... changed her voice... but yeah, nice theory! I did get a chortle from that.

• @InvaderJim42 said: changed her voice...

right...like everybody that was in the animated series and is now in the games. i heard max even changed his voice during season 1. probably he finally got into puberty or something...:D

• @wisp said: i heard max even changed his voice during season 1. probably he finally got into puberty or something...:D

His original voice got the flu.

BTW, is Andrew back recording anything for TTG? I haven't been paying that much attention to the credits to check.

• Contrary to what many people assume (and what I used to assume before I knew more about how TV works), it seems like Steve Purcell really was quite prepared to make Sam & Max a kid's show. It's not like he went in with a show that was exactly like the comics and then Fox forced him to tone it down, add extra characters, and put it on Saturday mornings. Such a fundamental disagreement over the nature of the show would've been an issue before any significant development began. He didn't see the finished show on the air and then say, "Hey, wait a minute! This isn't what I expected at all!"

• @Sir Lemming said: Contrary to what many people assume (and what I used to assume before I knew more about how TV works), it seems like Steve Purcell really was quite prepared to make Sam & Max a kid's show.

Agreed. It's like with Invader Zim. Vasquez (sp?) clearly intended to make a show that was far less offensive than Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. Nickelodeon didn't censor it all to hell like fans of the comic would have you believe. While I dislike the show's version of Sam & Max, it's pure Purcell. I still say the Geek was tacked on, though.

• And the funniest thing is, for a while they were considering going through with the suggestion, but never really refering to Max's gender in the show. Just have him in the dress. But they considered that to be too big of a nusiance as eventually they would have to use some kind of gender pronoun. So they changed th Geek instead.

• I don't think they should bring the Geek back, I think they should turn Max into a girl! That would be cute! OMG LOL!

• Sam & Maxine!

Though, wasn't Sam the one that crossdressed the most in the show?

Add Comment