User Avatar Image

A decision that should have mattered but didn't (spoiler)

posted by Voyrin on - last edited - Viewed by 416 users

Ok so i finished the game twice. one i saved doug and the other i saved the lady.

So the point here is that in one I gave the lady the gun to kill herself, and she did. It was cool. The other I didnt give it to her, we fell and she shot herself and zombies came after us.

when we are done with the episode i thought we couldn't go back to the motel because of the incident and the place was overrun by zombies. But we still went there.

And in the first it was Ok to go to the motel as we killed all the zombies there and no zombies came after us when she shot herself.

so it didn't matter if we gave her the gun or not, when it should have

Feel me?

Edit: Sorry about the title, supposed to be "A decision that should have mattered but didn't"

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Keep in mind that we're still only one episode in. That choice doesn't mean much now, but maybe it will in the long term.

For example, maybe if you give her the gun, everyone else will take you for a violent person and be less trusting of you later on.

Then again, the only other people around at the time were Glenn (who leaves to join Rick and the gang) and Carley (who may or may not be alive later). Maybe if you save Doug the gun choice makes no difference at all. Who knows. Guess we'll just have to see.

• Oh, people noticed what you did. Glenn especially. I gave her the gun because I would want to off myself too if I had been bitten by a zombie. I'll soon be dead anyway, might was well save the people zombie me might eat. Don't know why Glenn said I was allowing her to give up. There is no zombrex in this world.

• @Rasher said: There is no zombrex in this world.

It's only been a few days, nobody knows that yet. Many people, even long after the events of this game, still think it'd be better to hold off until somebody finds a cure.

• Guys, in both scenarios the infected lady kills herself, but the real issue is that when you don't give her the gun the motel becomes crowded with zombies, then 30 minutes later you and your gang go to camp there. That's the issue, how did all those zombies disappear?

• But I think most people get sick and die in a matter of days. After that it's zombie time and that is dangerous, and frankly the very thought of turning into a zombie is repulsive.

If you read the comics you'll see what becomes of Hershel's farm.

• @Voyrin said: Guys, in both scenarios the infected lady kills herself, but the real issue is that when you don't give her the gun the motel becomes crowded with zombies, then 30 minutes later you and your gang go to camp there. That's the issue, how did all those zombies disappear?

It probably looked something like this.

• @Voyrin said: Guys, in both scenarios the infected lady kills herself, but the real issue is that when you don't give her the gun the motel becomes crowded with zombies, then 30 minutes later you and your gang go to camp there. That's the issue, how did all those zombies disappear?

Didn't everyone hear shooting? In remember someone saying something like 'I hope that is the sound of us winning'. That probably got the zombie's attention.

There were so many of them, they ate everything in sight, and shambled off to "greener" pastures. :D

• @Rasher said: Didn't everyone hear shooting? In remember someone saying something like 'I hope that is the sound of us winning'. That probably got the zombie's attention.

Except that occurs after you get to the motel at the end. Voyrin is speaking of prior to you getting there.

• Honestly, I think this is something TTG overlooked. Or the zombies were distracted and left the motel before the group went there.

Add Comment