User Avatar Image

A decision that should have mattered but didn't (spoiler)

posted by Voyrin on - last edited - Viewed by 867 users

Ok so i finished the game twice. one i saved doug and the other i saved the lady.

So the point here is that in one I gave the lady the gun to kill herself, and she did. It was cool. The other I didnt give it to her, we fell and she shot herself and zombies came after us.

when we are done with the episode i thought we couldn't go back to the motel because of the incident and the place was overrun by zombies. But we still went there.

And in the first it was Ok to go to the motel as we killed all the zombies there and no zombies came after us when she shot herself.

so it didn't matter if we gave her the gun or not, when it should have

Feel me?

Edit: Sorry about the title, supposed to be "A decision that should have mattered but didn't"

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Voyrin said: Honestly, I think this is something TTG overlooked. Or the zombies were distracted and left the motel before the group went there.

It is difficult to know for sure without one of the writers popping in to tell us, but with everything going on currently in the game (it being the start of the "apocalypse" and all) and many people still alive, I believe they were just distracted and left.

• The zombies were following you back to the Drugstore, so why would they still be there at the motel? They were chasing the car towards the cut scene, and as we know the zombies will follow...forever.

i feel you about some of the choices though, i was expecting a bigger impact on some of the decisions.

• @Zhombre said: The zombies were following you back to the Drugstore, so why would they still be there at the motel? They were chasing the car towards the cut scene, and as we know the zombies will follow...forever.

i feel you about some of the choices though, i was expecting a bigger impact on some of the decisions.

Thanks for that. I had not actually played out that branch yet, so had not seen them chasing back to the drugstore. Good catch.

As for choices, I have a feeling we will see more repercussions from our choices in later episodes. Some may be blatant and some may not be apparent at all. Making a particular choice in Ep 1 may affect what you can do in Ep 3, and you would not even know it unless you played Ep 1 again and chose a different branch.

• @Rasher said: But I think most people get sick and die in a matter of days. After that it's zombie time and that is dangerous, and frankly the very thought of turning into a zombie is repulsive.

If you read the comics you'll see what becomes of Hershel's farm.

Yeah, I know that and you know that, because we've read the books and watched the show. I'm just saying the characters don't know that yet.

And to answer the question, Zhombre is right. The zombies were chasing after the car. There wasn't much left to eat at the motel (except the newly deceased skinny girl who wouldn't last long).

• @WabbitTwaks said: Thanks for that. I had not actually played out that branch yet, so had not seen them chasing back to the drugstore. Good catch.

As for choices, I have a feeling we will see more repercussions from our choices in later episodes. Some may be blatant and some may not be apparent at all. Making a particular choice in Ep 1 may affect what you can do in Ep 3, and you would not even know it unless you played Ep 1 again and chose a different branch.

Yea i know, it plays out quite smoothly regardless of the way you choose, the real impact really is going to be whether you took the harsh reactions/ tones with characters, versus if you choose to give a gun or not for example.. as it turns out most of those decisions have similar endings with a different means to get there. Needless to say at least 2 play thrus to get the full vibe of whats going on is required!

• I reckon the zombies weren't there because they followed the car and when the car was out if sight, they just kept walking.

Add Comment