User Avatar Image

The Legendary General Art Thread

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 15.7K users

Well, we've got a Sam & Max Fanart Thread, a Monkey Island Fanart Thread, so why not a thread for art in general? We've obviously got a lot of talented artists on the Telltale forum, and it would be a shame to just restrict them to showing us just their Sam & Max and Monkey Island art. So if you've got any awesome art that you're proud of and want to share with us, post it here! It doesn't have to be an art piece of games, it could be movie art, art inspired by books, inspired by songs, art of bands or musicians, or something completely random; it can be of anything - as it is a place for art in general. So yeah, share, show us what you've got!

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: The longer you're on here before you change your name, the longer it takes for the community to adapt. I think it took months before everyone felt natural calling Sailor Cuteness "Coolsome".

For me, I'm never able to truly adapt. St_Eddie will always be Davies, coolsome will always be Sailorcuteness, SHODANFreeman will always be Pale Man, saucerfoot3 will always be saucerfoot.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@St_Eddie said: evolutionofguybrush.jpg

Nooooo... please preserve MI2 Guybrush in his original state. We can't just deny that he had gained some pounds after his first victory over LeChuck. He probably lost those while starving at sea after escaping the carnival of the damned. :D

gb_v1.jpg

• @Hayden said: For me, I'm never able to truly adapt. St_Eddie will always be Davies, coolsome will always be Sailorcuteness, SHODANFreeman will always be Pale Man, saucerfoot3 will always be saucerfoot.

And Comrade Pants will always be Andrew Ryan?

• Just got some amazing news!
    The Dutch Filmfund will finance my new animated short!
    It will be an Anikey (Paco Vink's company) film so expect some good old in-jokes ;)

announcement2poster.png

• @StrongBrush1 said: And Comrade Pants will always be Andrew Ryan?

Of course!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I've been making a collage of all of the adventure game characters I've drawn so far. I keep adding to it as I make them. More characters were being added quickly when I was making individual art for my blog posts, but I haven't made art for my blog in a long time, so I figured I'd add in the few I've made recently (plus a few extras to fill in the space) and post it here. :)

adventuregames.png

• @Jennifer said: I've been making a collage of all of the adventure game characters I've drawn so far. I keep adding to it as I make them. More characters were being added quickly when I was making individual art for my blog posts, but I haven't made art for my blog in a long time, so I figured I'd add in the few I've made recently (plus a few extras to fill in the space) and post it here. :)

adventuregames.png

*makes mental note to contact Jennifer regarding sprites, should I ever decide to make another adventure game*

• ZsKCz.png

My first attempt at drawing something with Colors 3D on the 3DS.

Now I'm going to point out that I am definately no artist. I'm quite rubbish, but the tools in this program are pretty great once you get used to it.

(Its not in 3D btw, since I couldn't get the whiskers to look right popping out, so I kept it to one layer)

One thing to note however, is that it can be very difficult to tell between shades, which is why there is black amongst the chocolate brown.

Still, not a bad effort by all means. :D

• A poster I did for a motion comic project that should (hopefully) be taking off soon.

536548_10150786026244359_204851739358_11

• That picture is pretty freakin fantastic!

The only minor gripe is the girls bum.

She looks a bit umm... disproportioned? :confused:

Add Comment