User Avatar Image

Thoughts from those who have finished Episode 1? (No Spoiler version)

posted by The Gentleman on - last edited - Viewed by 526 users

How is the game? Is the gameplay fun? How is the story?

No spoilers though. I'm waiting to see if I want to buy this or not.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i really really liked it

even though the puzzles can be deemed as easy the whole atmosphere is awesome

it really makes you in charge of life changing decisions and makes you feel the pressure of your actions

plus after every major choice you'll ask yourself more than once if you called it right on what just happened.

• I loved it while I was playing the game, but I'm a little disappointed now that I've discovered that most of my choices had little effect on the game. Even something as big as whether to save either of two characters early in the game has almost no effect...the game forces a specific character to live, and the other to die, no matter what you choose.

• Doesn't mean it won't make a huge difference later. We're still only one episode in.

• Thank you Telltale, for giving me the best game all time, enjoyed every minute of it, and I sometimes felt emotional, not evry game can to that! Thank you!

• I thought that it was worth the purchase.

Much better than most episodes from season 2 of the TV show.

This is coming from someone who has a lot of friends that read the comic, but never actually read the comic himself. I should really get around to doing that one of these days.

• It's awesome and well worth the money, buy it. As a huge fan of the comics I'm impressed with how much the folks at Telltale seem to love The Walking Dead too.

• just great.. i hated JP but TWD ist just great...!!

• Game's a ton of fun, atmosphere and interactions were nailed.

There were a few "Adventure Game Moon Logic" sequences where where you had to do some really convoluted stuff with items that could have been put to much more efficient use. Also, some objective chains that only really needed two or three steps took four or five, I guess to pad the game, but for the most part the flow and pacing were amazing.

• its very short, and fairly linear. i think they should have charged 5 bucks per episode, rather than 25 for 1 episode, and the rest whenever they want to release them. its very fun the first play through. common sense will keep you out of all trouble. there arent unexpected "twists" when you choose certain things.

good game, though i hope the choice options get more dramatic.

• @bluezero2x said: its very short, and fairly linear. i think they should have charged 5 bucks per episode, rather than 25 for 1 episode, and the rest whenever they want to release them. its very fun the first play through. common sense will keep you out of all trouble. there arent unexpected "twists" when you choose certain things.

good game, though i hope the choice options get more dramatic.

The $25 is for the season, not one episode. PSN is the only place I know of where you only buy 1 Ep at a time and it is only $5 each.

This discussion has been closed.