User Avatar Image

Questions for the Walking Dead team!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 23K users

Hey guys, I know it's still early days on this project, and we're a ways off from talking about anything concrete, but it seemed like as good a time as any to start an official Q&A thread!

In all honesty there isn't a lot we can talk about yet -- we were going to do press for the game at PAX East last month, but held off when we realized that our answer to almost any conceivable standard press question would be "no comment, yet" -- but I trust you guys to rise above the standard questions, and come up with some Walking Dead stuff we can discuss, so have at it. Ask away!

1.3K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can you please add some keymapping options?

I do not use a game controller and I normally use Q and E to strafe left and right not A and D. So this is really causing me issues having everything backwards. Some simple keymapping customization is really needed for keyboard/mouse users. For example, spamming Q and E to save my life got me killed once because I never use those keys for that. Would love to set things the way I like to play the way I feel most comfortable.

If this is in the game and I missed it my apologies. Please advise me how to change these settings as I cannot locate them.

Also, think you might be working on smoothing out the performance in patches? I run a quad core PC with 10gb ram, Windows 7, 64-bit with 10gb ram and Nvidia GTX 570 but for some reason during cut scenes it gets slightly choppy and the audio occasionally skips as well. Definitely not a game killer but certainly annoying. Would love to see the performance smoothed out.

Altogether though I am really enjoying it. Haven't gotten far into episode 1 yet but there have been a few scares and some cool choices. Beyond the awkward controls and the minor performance issues this title could turn out to be really highly regarded.

• @Secretcloud said: Can you please add some keymapping options?

I do not use a game controller and I normally use Q and E to strafe left and right not A and D. So this is really causing me issues having everything backwards. Some simple keymapping customization is really needed for keyboard/mouse users. For example, spamming Q and E to save my life got me killed once because I never use those keys for that. Would love to set things the way I like to play the way I feel most comfortable.

If this is in the game and I missed it my apologies. Please advise me how to change these settings as I cannot locate them.

Also, think you might be working on smoothing out the performance in patches? I run a quad core PC with 10gb ram, Windows 7, 64-bit with 10gb ram and Nvidia GTX 570 but for some reason during cut scenes it gets slightly choppy and the audio occasionally skips as well. Definitely not a game killer but certainly annoying. Would love to see the performance smoothed out.

Altogether though I am really enjoying it. Haven't gotten far into episode 1 yet but there have been a few scares and some cool choices. Beyond the awkward controls and the minor performance issues this title could turn out to be really highly regarded.

I read from a TTG employee in another thread that the keys are not mappable by design :/ So, I don't think it will be something they add in. Never know for sure though, they just may.

• I have a question regarding content ownership, after uploading a video where i have a look at chapter 1 of the game providing commentary, i got a copyright notice from CBS, is this valid or could i dispute the claim?
    Also am i allowed to publish such a movie?

• Does anyone know about a iPad release? Ive searched all the sticky threads? I'm needing my zombie fix. Thanks

• Why, why, why in the world in 2012 have you system locked the PS3's save file? I don't get why you did this. There's no reason for it. All you have to do to keep people from playing each others' saves is lock the save file to the account, not the system. Now I can't back up my save file and I'm pretty irritated about it.

Had I known that the save would be system locked, I wouldn't have bought the game. Please fix this in a patch or give me a refund.

• I need to know if you guys can give us the option for inverting the X and Y axis. The game is unplayable to me as my brain was trained the other way. It's incredibly frustrating, and I bought the $20 5 ep. subscription. I should have just got the one episode and found out for myself, but I didn't and now I feel not only like I'm missing out on a great game - I feel I wasted $20.

Is it really that complex to add in the inversion option? I'm on PS3.

• i got question for telltale why is walking dead in australia playstation store not up yet

• Twitter has blown up posting articles and a trailer saying twd for ios has been pushed back till summer. Is this true? Thanks

• Something I think should really be added to the game, just a page in the Settings - Controls section, that lists the PC controls instead of just the XBox controller you have now. I think that would be a very useful reference tool for us PC gamers. :) I do have a Logitech controller, and tried playing the game with it, but I really prefer the mouse and keyboard controls better.

• @hollowfication said: i got question for telltale why is walking dead in australia playstation store not up yet

@hollowfication said: Sorry, but due to the OFLC ratings laws in Australia and New Zealand, and the fact that this is a mature game, we do not currently have plans to release the game there on consoles.

And I'd like to know why New Zealand doesn't get The Walking Dead (on consoles) when we have an R18+ rating that specifically caters for "mature" games!

Add Comment