User Avatar Image

ps3 version on psn store nothing there

posted by hollowfication on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

hey if everyone here played it why has not Australia got the release all we got is the icon of the walking dead game when clicking it said no content found

please please let it be up today i want to play it so does everyone in australia

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry, but due to the OFLC ratings laws in Australia and New Zealand, and the fact that this is a mature game, we do not currently have plans to release the game there on consoles.

• you kidding me i seen like saw game dead rising 2 and prototype 2 which has gore lots of it dead island as well australia let it thru but why not walking dead

• what the hell? why did they half way put it up in the psn store for then? that is just EVIL! and I thought we have been approved R rated games in Aus.. If we dont end up getting it in the psn store will there be a hard copy release once all the episodes come out, in the UK or US at least?

• So, us Kiwi's are punished for Australia's archaic rating system, even though we have our own separate censorship system that has a 'R' rating for video games - basically it is based on the UK system, not AU. Man, I was so hyped for this game - watched the final episodes of season 2 last night on free-to-air tv (no problems screening it on tv) and was seriously looking forward to playing Telltales' new Walking Dead game.

But no, that wasn't to be. If this was going to be the case, why even put The Walking Dead thumbnail up on our store and get our hopes up. I'm probably taking this out on the wrong people, but feel the need to vent. Usually I'm really happy to live in NZ solely because games that are banned in Australia don't get banned here, because of the simple fact that our censors understand the need for a 'R' rated system for games.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest, and believe that if The Walking Dead game was sent in for certification in NZ it would be passed without question.

My question would be is that would you be releasing The Walking Dead as a Hardcopy on disc at some point, rather than just a downloadable title, because at least, I oould import the title that way.

Cheers Telltale Games.

• @Casamyr said: So, us Kiwi's are punished for Australia's archaic rating system, even though we have our own separate censorship system that has a 'R' rating for video games - basically it is based on the UK system, not AU. Man, I was so hyped for this game - watched the final episodes of season 2 last night on free-to-air tv (no problems screening it on tv) and was seriously looking forward to playing Telltales' new Walking Dead game.

But no, that wasn't to be. If this was going to be the case, why even put The Walking Dead thumbnail up on our store and get our hopes up. I'm probably taking this out on the wrong people, but feel the need to vent. Usually I'm really happy to live in NZ solely because games that are banned in Australia don't get banned here, because of the simple fact that our censors understand the need for a 'R' rated system for games.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest, and believe that if The Walking Dead game was sent in for certification in NZ it would be passed without question.

My question would be is that would you be releasing The Walking Dead as a Hardcopy on disc at some point, rather than just a downloadable title, because at least, I oould import the title that way.

Cheers Telltale Games.

i agree with you it sucks we in australia & of course new zealand are suffering cause some one in goverment made law on games deem it bad and ban it

• Well that really sucks.. I was looking forward to playing this on my PS3..

• That seriously sucks for you guys. :confused:

Seriously, that is full out retarded (not on Telltale's side). Your government should stop meddling in peoples affairs.

• @wotzaname said: I thought we have been approved R rated games in Aus.

It's only an "in principle" agreement at the moment, not legislated.

Based on the play through I had on the PC, it was probably the right call by TTG - they would have at the very minimum been hit with an MA15+ if they managed to be rated at all.

That being said, they may have already been refused classification which would explain it.

• Well, I just saw it was in the UK store, so to all aussie's and kiwi's - I suggest you make a UK account and get it from there.

• @Mike said: Sorry, but due to the OFLC ratings laws in Australia and New Zealand, and the fact that this is a mature game, we do not currently have plans to release the game there on consoles.

@Mike
    I've just registered specifically to protest this decision. Can you please provide detailed reasons as to why this game will not be available in New Zealand? The OFLC body here is a completely separate entity from that of Australia (as is the country itself in case you're not aware), and unlike the latter, we have a rating system that provides for R18+ games. Why then are we not seeing a release here?

Add Comment