User Avatar Image

Game release delay (merged threads)

posted by wminscoe7 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Just like everyone else Ive been checking site hourly. Looks like Telltale's business hours are over and they said it would be released April 24th during business hours. I would think they would post a message correcting release time? Has anyone heard or know what's going on?
I hate for this to be just another thread but seriously, this is first game Ive purchased from Telltale. Does anyone have experience with this and know if it's possible to be able to download this before midnight?
I hope so!
Thanks

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There's a thread to request steam keys, they are having issue with their direct fufillment. That said, I requested a steam key earlier in the day and I've yet to receive one.

• why do others get to play this game before xbox users? - we waited just as long and supported you just as much - give us a free theme or something - very sad counted down the days - IGN and many other sources said the release date for xbox live was April 24th -
    sad to say others are going to spoil the story for us because telltale cant release it on the same day . . . . . . .

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

Telltale has no control over the release of the game on Xbox 360. The release is up to Microsoft.

That said, it's coming on the 27th of April. That's tomorrow. It's not too long of a wait.

Until then, if you don't want to have the story spoiled, don't read the posts with the spoiler tags on it.

• I bought the game 3 Days ago release should be April the 24th? it's now the 26th in Europe and still no DL?

• does not explain why 360 users are getting screwed over with the season pass

• @Xandor said: I bought the game 3 Days ago release should be April the 24th? it's now the 26th in Europe and still no DL?

The sticky threads tell the story, but the long and short of it is, they are having server problems they are working hard to clear up, that is preventing them from releasing it here. They have sent out Steam codes to people through email as an apology for the delay. Check your email and the sticky threads for more info :)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Further info here, please continue the discussion in that thread.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@the walking brony said: does not explain why 360 users are getting screwed over with the season pass

That's also Microsoft's doing, not Telltale's. Microsoft doesn't allow single pricing for multiple XBLA titles, and they don't allow pre-orders on XBLA titles either. So a season pass is impossible on Microsoft's systems.

That being said, the game is exactly the same price on XBLA as it is on PC and Mac. It's $25 for 5 episodes. And future episodes will recognize any actions you made in previous episodes that have affected the game's story in XBLA as well, just like the other systems.

• Don't worry, at this rate you'll be able to play it on Xbox before a lot of people who bought it from Telltale directly.

• well youre not really missing out man. the game isnt a big deal. is great fun the first run through, but its disappointing.

*A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.

yeah, thats a bit of an overstatement. the game follows the same basic path regardless of what you pick.

This discussion has been closed.