User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 24.0K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

...I'm amazed how little that sentence makes sense.

Last item purchased:

ACR_Collector_Edition_Hero_Temp.jpg

£20. Pretty happy with that!

• Kickstarter pledges.

$51 to Jane, $15 to Al.

• Steam-Pre-Order (a 4-Pack with 3 friends)

5e579ee4_562723_441434589216943_14524270

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Popcorn. At the cinema.

...not only was it five times more expensive than the stuff I can get in a supermarket, it was also nowhere near as tasty. And they wonder why people hate buying the food at these places.

• @Darth Marsden said: Popcorn. At the cinema.

...not only was it five times more expensive than the stuff I can get in a supermarket, it was also nowhere near as tasty. And they wonder why people hate buying the food at these places.

The reason why food at a movie theater is more expensive is because the theater itself primarily makes money from concession sales. Ticket sales mostly go to the production companies.

Now, as to the quality of the food, I have no answer.

Step 1. Go to Poundland
    Step 2. Buy £1 bag of toffee popcorn
    Step 3. Go to cinema
    Step 4. ????
    Step 5. Profit!

(well... that works for me at least. But maybe thats becuase our pound shop is almost right next to the cinema! XD (just have to go down the side of the store, through a car park, and your there at the Odeon! :D))

This is why I always get a $3 bag of M&Ms. It's probably the healthiest thing there anyways.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@RetroVortex said: Step 1. Go to Poundland
    Step 2. Buy £1 bag of toffee popcorn
    Step 3. Go to cinema
    Step 4. ????
    Step 5. Profit!

It'd be kinda hard to get that into the cinema without anyone noticing. I did get two massive 1.25L bottles of Coke in though (combat trousers are excellent hiding places for stuff if you wear a leather coat to cover them)! Also, I'm only really a fan of Salted, and that's somewhat harder to come by than Toffee.

• @Darth Marsden said: It'd be kinda hard to get that into the cinema without anyone noticing. I did get two massive bottles of Coke in though (combat trousers are excellent hiding places for stuff if you wear a leather coat to cover them)! Also, I'm only really a fan of Salted, and that's somewhat harder to come by than Toffee.

Wait? Your cinema gives a crap about that?

Ours doesn't! XD

They are just like "these aren't the droids we're looking for. Carry on!".

We take a backpack in all the time full of stuff. They don't care to stop and search.
    (Then again its like £8.50 a ticket! They know people don't buy stuff from them that much. Plus they have a Costa Coffee and kid meals to keep them earning good dosh)

Milton Keynes one used to stop and search, but I think they gave up as well, since I take a lot of stuff to that one as well! XD

EDIT: Protip for anyone in England.

ALWAYS! ALWAYS! Orange Wednesdays.

Buy 1 get 1 free tickets. Thank you very much! :D

EDIT 2:

Also keep a few pairs of 3D glasses in the backpack as well. Always handy to have on you! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

It's more a case of "I can't be bothered to bring a backpack, what can I fit in my pockets" than anything else. Being prepared means caring, and that takes effort, and I already got the drinks...

Add Comment