User Avatar Image

Spoiler! Did he do it?

posted by Rasher on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Do you think Lee killed the Senator? Was it murder or self defense? Why does Lee seem more angry at the Senator than his wife?

Whatever happened I have a sinking feeling that this secret will come back to haunt him, and not just in dreams.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rasher said: Do you think Lee killed the Senator? Was it murder or self defense? Why does Lee seem more angry at the Senator than his wife?

Whatever happened I have a sinking feeling that this secret will come back to haunt him, and not just in dreams.

I think it will too.

Did he do it? I don't think he intentionally murdered the Senator. I think there was a confrontation that took a bad turn, and the Senator was killed more by accident than anything. Lee blames himself, which is why he won't really defend himself when directly questioned about it.

• i think he did killed him.

But wouldn't it be nice if it turned out that depending on your the choices you made throught the whole game (for example kill or spare decisions) determines the outcome on flashbacks like those

• @WabbitTwaks said: I think it will too.

Did he do it? I don't think he intentionally murdered the Senator. I think there was a confrontation that took a bad turn, and the Senator was killed more by accident than anything. Lee blames himself, which is why he won't really defend himself when directly questioned about it.

That's my feeling too. I figure something happened. From the flashes it sounds like he may have been defending his wife from the Senator. There was a struggle and as a result the Senator died. He being there when it happened of course was accused of murder.

• @PsychoRaven said: That's my feeling too. I figure something happened. From the flashes it sounds like he may have been defending his wife from the Senator. There was a struggle and as a result the Senator died. He being there when it happened of course was accused of murder.

It could be something as simple as he slugged the Senator. The guy fell into something (a glass cabinet perhaps?) and died as a result. Lee would blame himself for hitting him in the first place and causing his death.

• Exactly. So in Lee's mind he could very well feel he's guilty even if he really wasn't.

• I think it'd be pretty cool if Lee's ultimate guilt or innocence comes down to the choices you make over the course of the games. It'd be a much better use of the choice system than a color.

• I agree, I wondered if that would be the case. Certainly, whenever the subject is brought up, Lee's possible responses are usually drastically different - from hostility to regret. Maybe the question of whether or not he actually did it will be based on how we make him respond to it. That would be an interesting way to impact the story.

• @Gibbeynator said: I think it'd be pretty cool if Lee's ultimate guilt or innocence comes down to the choices you make over the course of the games. It'd be a much better use of the choice system than a color.

That'd be great. Maybe every time you pick the more violent option (e.g.: Siding with Larry and saying they should kill Duck, giving Irene the gun) pushes you towards being guilty.

• Huh? Doesn't really make sense that actions in the present would affect actions in the past. That's not remotely how causality works, and just wouldn't make sense in this game. It's far more interesting to gradually uncover the (unchangeable) past, and the story is about how you live and deal with that, and the ultimate consequences of the net total of your actions.

• I can understand their point, as a mechanic to make the game more "your own" but I too prefer the past to be just that, the past. Uncovering what happened is interesting enough without it being changeable by the actions of each player. Your choices now dictate whether you are trying to redeem yourself or not, and that is perfectly fine with me.

This discussion has been closed.