User Avatar Image

Why no console version for New Zealand? We have an R18 rating.

posted by Tel Prydain on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

So, guys... what's going on? Unlike the Aussies, we have an R18 rating and have R18 games on the shelf along with all the other titles. Games that haven't been rated (and were blocked from Australia) haven't had any issues here, so what's the holdup?

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Exactly - would the powers that be please enlighten us!

• ... Sheep don't have much disposable income...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

• I say we get this known, I went out bought a PSN card happily to get the season pass only to find out when I got home it wasn't on the store. Then I see I can't put the money onto my UK account to try downloading from there, surely if we have our R18 rating it entitles us to get releases, how hard can it be for them to release it in NZ and not Australia, it'd be just like the other releases. I say get as many friends as you can to comment on this friend and make it popular it's the only way we will be noticed and if so many people want it maybe we can get it over to our store, but to fill your craving for now or to buy it make a UK PSN account and use a debit/credit card for that store to purchase or download the demo from there as I am as I don't have a debit card.

• Same here - I was looking forward to the Xbox version but apparently there was nothing to look forward to. I can understand just a tiny bit with physical releases, but with online distribution why does NZ miss out just because Australia doesn't have R18? It makes no sense.

• @IMaKitch said: I say we get this known, I went out bought a PSN card happily to get the season pass only to find out when I got home it wasn't on the store. Then I see I can't put the money onto my UK account to try downloading from there, surely if we have our R18 rating it entitles us to get releases, how hard can it be for them to release it in NZ and not Australia, it'd be just like the other releases. I say get as many friends as you can to comment on this friend and make it popular it's the only way we will be noticed and if so many people want it maybe we can get it over to our store, but to fill your craving for now or to buy it make a UK PSN account and use a debit/credit card for that store to purchase or download the demo from there as I am as I don't have a debit card.

Chances are the best you'll be able to do will be to download the demo/trial since using a debit/credit card won't work since they are tied to the physical postal address. Of course, if you have a mate, they could buy you a psn cars for your country of choice and load it onto this UK/us account.

• dear TT, :(
    you have said that the game is not releasing on consoles here in AU and NZ because of classication laws, but what i don't understand is how come you have not registered the game for a classification review yet and there is no evidence on the website about the classification. so even though your worried the game may be classified, why don't you just register for the classification so that you can see for yourself if the game is banned and if it does you can re apply for the classification when the R18 bill comes into effect. the only other option is to wait until next year when the r18 bill comes into effect, but not many people could wait that long.
    could you please rethink about this issue because lots of people here in Australia and New Zealand are being affected and NZ should have the game.
    i will wait for your reply :o
    thanks, mr00droidman

• I assume registering for classification costs money...

• yea but they are blaming the classification laws when they have not even registered the game for a rating yet so how do they know it will be banned??

• I'm sorry, it's not TTG's fault that some countries have prohibitively strict censorship laws.

I don't know anything about the financial cost of the classification process; but it will certainly cost time in man hours, and having seen some parts of this game I am 100% certain it would fail the process in Australia on the basis of previous cases. It would be a waste of time and money trying (when that time is better spent on making the remaining episodes even better!)

I'm not so sure about NZ but the situation can be brought to TellTale's attention in a better way than being frankly rude to them.

• serializer cool that as per usual there's someone with a counter argument haha, look man I'm entitled to vent even if it may not be the best way to do it. Another countries Law is affecting the content we get which isn't on at all.

There is no reason why we should miss out I don't think they should miss out either, I'm guessing you're not affected by this if your not your reply will mean nothing at all if it is true then you commenting in this thread says a lot :).

Add Comment