User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead Game in Black and White (merged threads)

posted by Shiverssul on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

First off, for all of you fools that have no idea about The Walking Dead, it's just as story driven as Jurassic Park and Back to the future.
There doesn't need to be any shooting elements for this to be a good game.
TWD is a drama, not an action, series.

But since this is being based off of the comics, I really hope they go with the art style that the comic has, and PLEASE keep it in black and white.

I highly recommend everyone to check out the comics, especially before they make stupid threads claiming that TWD is just a gore fest.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Drewsiefer said: I was actually thinking the same thing. I know, obviously, that color is the standard but the B&W option would be pretty sweet.

Yeah, definitely. It's not a must-have for me, and I'd probably play through it in color the first time through but it would definitely be a nice homage to the comics.

• Well, most monitors have saturation buttons, we don't really need software tricks to bring the game in black&white... :P

• @Bloody Eugene said: Well, most monitors have saturation buttons, we don't really need software tricks to bring the game in black&white... :P

lolz so true, so true. We often don't think of these things, the basic oldschool settings we all used to deal with.

In the end, playing a game that has fluid motion and fast action is usually horrible in B+W, hence the reason they decided not to do it in game. The comics are awesome and would never need color, but they're so much easier to absorb.

I may try turning off color on my monitor, but more than likely I'll take it for what it is and enjoy every color saturated gib

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Alumni

@Bloody Eugene said: Well, most monitors have saturation buttons, we don't really need software tricks to bring the game in black&white... :P

We've had a lot of people ask about a black & white mode for the game. Jake and I actually discuss is in the first Playing Dead Q&A video!

(The short answer is: we discussed it a lot, but we aren't planning on it.)

• Anyone else think it would be neat if they implemented an optional black and white mode that would bring it even closer to the comic?

EI9X6.jpgXnznu.jpgcQEAW.jpg

• Yes. Special edition option, Telltale? Please? :)

• Jake has covered this a few times in the past, and it's brought up in the first episode of Playing Dead as well. The long and short of it is that technical issues prevent a black and white mode from being added.

However, most monitors and/or video card drivers allow you to adjust the color saturation, so running in black and white mode CAN be accomplished by fiddling with things outside of the game.

• Ahh. Oh well, would have been neat. Guess I should rewatch that first ep of Playing Dead. :p

• @Mike said: However, most monitors and/or video card drivers allow you to adjust the color saturation, so running in black and white mode CAN be accomplished by fiddling with things outside of the game.

Good point. I'll have to try that sometime, just for kicks.

• Telltale experimented with a "black and white" mode in Poker Night at the Inventory.

A black and white comic or movie can have a stylistic appeal, but a black and white video game is just a pain to look at for too long.

Add Comment