User Avatar Image

ps3 version on psn store nothing there

posted by hollowfication on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

hey if everyone here played it why has not Australia got the release all we got is the icon of the walking dead game when clicking it said no content found

please please let it be up today i want to play it so does everyone in australia

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @snake1224 said: This is ridiculous. I bought a $30 PSN card this morning thinking I'd be able to buy the game when I get home from work - and then this happens. Now I have no idea what to do with the card.

I feel for you man. I'd say pick up the second GoW bundle then - they're both pretty awesome games. Other than that i'd suggest Journey if you haven't picked that up yet. Beautiful game.

• How is this game any worse than any of the other zombie games on PS3???
    Common TTG apply for classification...

• If you were so concerned for the rating system in Australia, then you wouldn't allow your game for sale on Steam here. There are plenty of other games restricted on the Australian store (Manhunt, Left 4 Dead 2, NecroVision, Blood Pack DLC for Shogun2), yet you're happy to receive the full price of 5 episodes, knowing that your game does not fit within the guidelines here.

Your high and mighty statements have made news articles, I certainly hope you're willing to refund payment to anyone from Australia that has already bought your game should it be removed from the store here.

• @Mike said: Sorry, but due to the OFLC ratings laws in Australia and New Zealand, and the fact that this is a mature game, we do not currently have plans to release the game there on consoles.

Absolutely gutted. Both my wife and I are big fans of the series and were very much looking forward to the xbla release in Australia. Total BS! I'm disappointed that Telltale didn't even ATTEMPT classification in OZ as other games with mature content have passed previously. Also, I feel for the New Zealanders, sucks even more for them given hey have an R rating. Did I mention this was BS?

• @Mike said: Sorry, but due to the OFLC ratings laws in Australia and New Zealand, and the fact that this is a mature game, we do not currently have plans to release the game there on consoles.

WOW! Just WOW! This is absolutely disgraceful telltale. I can't believe you did this. Why wasn't The Walking Dead game not even submitted for classification in Australia!? Were we not enough of an important market for you? The Walking Dead show had it's season finale here just 2 days ago. If people had seen the game pop up on the PS Store and XBL I can guarantee it would have sold. That's not the worst however. You 'half' put it up even! And then didn't give any announcement as to what was happening and instead did a simple forum post to let your fans know. That is disgraceful. Not only this but you make New Zealand suffer as well? Because of our rubbish laws they don't get the game too. Let me guess you just like everybody else treat Australia and New Zealand as the same 'useless' countries. Words can not describe how bad this decision and handling of the matter is.

• Check this thread out. One of the producers in charge of classifications has given a couple of reasons why TWD has not been released in NZ/AUS

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=603776#post603776

NZ laws very different to Australia, as with our culture, heritage, and pretty much everything!! They have only began to sort out their games ratings, thus most people in Aus I know up until now have imported them from o/seas. In New Zealand (being similar to UK ratings) we have always had R rated games.
    As an aside we don't tend to show a lot of violence on TV here, but always have shown breasts, butts and ass-cracks, unlike another country I know that uses pixelation...
    Kia kaha Christchurch quake victims!

• The Au government has passed a law allowing rated 18+ games to be sold in Australia. I'm a really big fan of the walking dead n it is a shame that the game is not available here, your game has allot of fans hyped down under and we would all be happy if you could at least try to make the game available now, that there is a new law. I've been watching the series and have just finished season 2 when I found that a game was available I was all happy n then when I looked for it on the Xbox it told me that it wasn't available :( as a gaming industry u should understand that you would get more profit if the game was sold in australia, cos we Aussies love gaming n we would all appreciate it if you could make the game available for us.

From an Aussie gamer :)

• I can't express how disappointed I am in this. You guys have a huge fanbase here in Australia and New Zealand and you're simply shrugging them off like that? Many games such as Left 4 Dead were banned here but the developers actually did something so the game could be sold here for their fans. Yes the Aus. government has passed a new law allowing 18+ games but that won't come into affect until 1st January 2013 as far as I know. How is it that games way more gory than The Walking Dead such as Manhunt, L4D and many others are allowed here but not yours? Not cool guys. You don't seem to realise that this is a massive disappointment for all your fans here. And I feel sorry for the NZ gamers who cannot get the game because of Australia's sh*tty law which seems very stupid.

Hi i'm a big fan of The Walking Dead and im living in Australia. Jw Have you heard that an R rating is coming to Australia? If so do you think that you will release it in Australia? Please say yes :P ahaha

Add Comment