User Avatar Image

New to episodic gaming? (Merged threads)

posted by Tungtongjit on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Sorry but why we have to wait for it
this next ep is dlc I need to pay more? Like capcom dlc

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@jackbnimble said: i dont know how to make that more clear on the steam page. there needs to be an incremental option like paying for episodes separately.

I believe the only platforms where episodes are available separately are the ones that don't actually allow season pricing across the multiple episodes/downloads. Making each episode available to purchase separately doesn't make a lot of sense because it's really one game split into 5 parts - it would be like selling chapters of a book separately, it would be weird to jump into the story halfway through.

• My question is have these folks reached the end of the first episode already? If not - why the worry? Play.... Enjoy.... Some of us are a lunch at work waiting patiently to get off so we can go home and start playing LOL! I am sooooo excited...

• I like to Episode stuff. Keeps me entertainent.

• The cool thing about waiting.. is logging on and talking about the game with other fans.. you really end up getting your moneys worth.. instead of playing a game over a few nights.. you get to have fun with other fans for half a year.

• It's true. Jurassic Park felt so short compared to all the other Telltale games, just because I played it all at once.

By the way, this thread feels like it needs its own "Y U No" man image.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@BlankCanvasDJ said: It's true. Jurassic Park felt so short compared to all the other Telltale games, just because I played it all at once.

By the way, this thread feels like it needs its own "Y U No" man image.

Here to serve.

19481210.jpg

• @jackbnimble said: i dont know how to make that more clear on the steam page. there needs to be an incremental option like paying for episodes separately.

The only way I can think is to make people actually read the information that's displayed on their screens. It seems to be a very small number of people who didn't realise what they were paying for, I don't think there's anything wrong with the communication here.

• OK I'm new to the forms and have never seen the "Y U No" man image and just have to say Love It..... Bwahahahahaha

• telltales tradition get use to it and dont whine about it.

• Well well...the episode dilemma (not that it really is one at all). But I have to admit I am very new to such episode games (never really played any other TT game so far :o) and at the beginning I was hella confused when I was looking up TWD and it said like 23 Euros for the game and I was like wait what? 23 Euros for a 2-4 hours episode? Are you kidding me? Yeah dumb me I know but for those who are / were - like me - not into episode games it sure was rather confusing at the beginning. But playing the first episode of TWD sure wants me to see more of it and I mean hey...at least now I got something to look forward to and there's not a single month passing by when I think to myself how cool it would be to have a new game to play....there I go I guess.

No need to argue with episodes I guess...I mean it also wasn't like I was standing back there in the cinema watching Lord of the Rings 1 yelling at the screen at the end to frigging show me the second right after (baaad example I know but bleh I am tired :))

so long

This discussion has been closed.