User Avatar Image

Spoiler! Did he do it?

posted by Rasher on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Do you think Lee killed the Senator? Was it murder or self defense? Why does Lee seem more angry at the Senator than his wife?

Whatever happened I have a sinking feeling that this secret will come back to haunt him, and not just in dreams.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I actually think Lee's wife killed the senator and he covered it up for her, making himself look like the killer.

And yes, either way, i get the feeling this will come back to haunt him (SUPERZOMBIE SENATOR BOSSFIGHT!!!!... well OK, maybe not, but something :p)

• ROFL @ Bossfight statement. That's good.

• @cormoran said: I actually think Lee's wife killed the senator and he covered it up for her, making himself look like the killer.

And yes, either way, i get the feeling this will come back to haunt him (SUPERZOMBIE SENATOR BOSSFIGHT!!!!... well OK, maybe not, but something :p)

ROFLMAO. That would be hilariously awesome.

• @serializer said: Huh? Doesn't really make sense that actions in the present would affect actions in the past. That's not remotely how causality works, and just wouldn't make sense in this game. It's far more interesting to gradually uncover the (unchangeable) past, and the story is about how you live and deal with that, and the ultimate consequences of the net total of your actions.

No one's saying it would actually change the past, just that they might possibly have different possible versions of what happened - just like a game would have different endings - and which one you see depends on how you've played.

• I think that if they could pull it off, then having the ultimate guilt or innocence of Lee be based on your choices would be an amazing twist.

For instance, my Lee is, for lack of a better term, very paragon. It'd be pretty cool if we see the murder, and my paragon Lee was fighting back in self defense against the senator. Conversely, anyone with a hostile Lee would get a clip of him bashing the senator's head in, or whatever happened. It'd be a nice touch, is all.

• Exactly. In fact, it would make more sense that way. Lee didn't start the game with amnesia, he's the same guy he was when the incident happened. So if we play our character as a good-hearted guy who tries to protect everyone, it wouldn't make sense to flash back to him being a cold-blooded murderer. Likewise, if we play him as a hardass, you'd want him to be that same guy in the flashback too.

• @Gibbeynator said: I think that if they could pull it off, then having the ultimate guilt or innocence of Lee be based on your choices would be an amazing twist.

For instance, my Lee is, for lack of a better term, very paragon. It'd be pretty cool if we see the murder, and my paragon Lee was fighting back in self defense against the senator. Conversely, anyone with a hostile Lee would get a clip of him bashing the senator's head in, or whatever happened. It'd be a nice touch, is all.

I hear what you're saying but that leaves me to wonder, if that were the case, why wouldn't Lee just blurt out the "F U" line when prompted instead of changing his mind?

• I would like to have 2 different past stories. And you choose Lee's path to the future AND past. But I don't think that TTG is going for that. They probably have some "neutral" past event, where Lee is being framed or pushed too far or he acts in self defense.

I guess the story must be a little bit complicated because Lee lost contact to his family. Maybe they didn't approve of his wife or something.

Anyway, we'll find out in the future episode. I would not want anybody to spoil it for me.

• I wonder about the nightmare Lee had in Hershel's barn. A female (his wife?) saying something like "I love you." followed by a crash (window breaking?)

Lee coming in, or Senator going out?

Pre-zombie-pocalypse Senator coming in and Lee killing it in defense, thus being convicted of murder because no one knows about zombification yet?

maybe???

• @WabbitTwaks said: I wonder about the nightmare Lee had in Hershel's barn. A female (his wife?) saying something like "I love you." followed by a crash (window breaking?)

Lee coming in, or Senator going out?

Pre-zombie-pocalypse Senator coming in and Lee killing it in defense, thus being convicted of murder because no one knows about zombification yet?

maybe???

Oh. That would be interesting.

This discussion has been closed.