User Avatar Image

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

posted by Sammy on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html

It's official

Lemme tell you, as a Playstation fan, I've been waiting for this game for years — especially after Super Smash Bros. was released.

Ripoff or not, this would be one helluva game!

234 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope there's a Parappa the Rapper/Heavy Rain stage.

And also Sonic. And make sure the game is 80 dollars because these are good developers who knows how much money 80 dollars is.

• I hope it has a Metal Gear Solid character in it. Like Snake or Ocelot.

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Is Snake still considered basically a Playstation character? Could he possibly make an appearance in both Smash Bro AND (deep breath) PlayStationAll-StarsBattleRoyale?

MGS4 is still an exclusive, so they'll probably have Old Snake instead.

• People i hope is in it:

Jak (Jak and Daxter)
    Daxter (Jak and Daxter
    Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
    Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
    Bentley (Sly Cooper)
    Murry (Sly Cooper)
    Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
    Sully (Uncharted)
    Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot games)
    Spyro (Spyro games)
    Sackboy (Little Big Planet) (Also it would be cool that you could let Sackboy wear costumes from other Little Big Planet games)
    Samos (Jak and Daxter)
    Coco (Crash Bandicoot)
    Hunter (Spyro)
    Cole (Infamous)
    Zeke (Infamous)
    Captain Qwark (Ratchet and Clank)
    Dr.Nefarious (Ratchet and Clank)
    Dr.Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)
    Crunch (Crash Bandicoot)
    Ripto (Spyro)
    The Professor (Spyro)
    A monkey from Ape Escape
    Abe (Oddworld)
    Erol (Jak and Daxter)

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: Is Snake still considered basically a Playstation character? Could he possibly make an appearance in both Smash Bro AND (deep breath) PlayStationAll-StarsBattleRoyale?

It seems like it's just Sony characters, so Snake probably wouldn't be allowed. Neither would Crash or Spyro, for that matter, since they're with Activision now.

Hopefully there'll be a few guest characters, though.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I'd imagine Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank will be in the next few teaser trailers. Expect riots if they don't.

The thing is, who else would there be? I mean, when you look at Nintendo franchises there's so very many that would work in this sort of game, but Playstation? There's not a huge number, to be honest. Beyond the already revealed ones and the two I've mentioned, there's Uncharted and... what else?

Also, the name. I suggest Sony Battle Royale. Quicker, easier, better.

• Cole from Infamous and Drake will probably be there.

umm...

Hale and Capelli, Resistance 2&3
    Leonard, White Knight Chronicles
    Kiryu, Yakuza

and I think that's it for the modern franchises that Sony has a strangle hold on. I'm guessing there will be a hand full of retro characters and shared characters too. As well as probably 2 or 3 that most of us never heard of that never made it overseas.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

How about the Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet?

• I think it would be cool if Sackboy is in it you can change his costumes to costumes from other little big planet games

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@ryannumber1gamer said: People i hope is in it:
    [...]
    Sackboy (Little Big Planet) (Also it would be cool that you could let Sackboy wear costumes from other Little Big Planet games)

@ryannumber1gamer said: I think it would be cool if Sackboy is in it you can change his costumes to costumes from other little big planet games

Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd almost think you want Sackboy to wear other characters costumes!

Actually, that would pretty much make him Kirby, wouldn't it? Hmm.

Add Comment