User Avatar Image

The Duck conspiracy (spoiler)

posted by Voyrin on - last edited - Viewed by 3.9K users

I warn you, major spoiler ahead.

I for one, want Duck dead. And I know a lot of you want that too.

But unfortunately... if you look in the episode images in the game (when loading a save) "episode 3: long road ahead" You will see duck in the train.

so I'm sorry.. but Duck is gonna bother us for 2 or more episodes :(

188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thin the herd. Cull the herd. However you wanna say it. :D

• i dont forsee killing kids as being as big a deal for the game as you guys think it is, theyve already done so, quite graphically in all Walking dead mediums, including TV, and this game very much so is a robert kirkman certified medium of TWD. if a TV version can show a kid getting blasted in the face than a video game shouldnt bat an eye at it. I wouldnt count duck safe quite yet.. i just dont think killing him right away gets enough emotional push out of the audience or other characters until you ve grown attached (whether to duck or to the idea of killing duck) and can get maximum response because of it.

• I can't wait for Duck's demise. I had a "Get Duck killed" playthrough early on before finding out he couldn't be killed. I can't stand the little...Duck.

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

It's interesting to see different responses to Duck's character. I actually really like Duck! He's so happy!

• @harrisonpink said: It's interesting to see different responses to Duck's character. I actually really like Duck! He's so happy!

And about as brite as a shadow.

• Yeah, you don't see any kids eaten in the TV show, just already zombified Sophia getting shot in the head.

The comics however... whoo.... two kids decapitated by a crazy prison inmate, a woman holding hands with her son and Carl when her son gets munched on, then her arm chopped off by Rick to save carl.... rape and torture scenes. Definitely adults only game material. But a kid getting eaten or shot? Not a big problem ESRB-wise as far as I see it.
    MW3 a girl gets blown up, Bioshock you could harvest little sisters, killing them. And any online game you play these days is inundated with little 8-12yr old bastards using their high pitched voices to scream in your ear, and I've killed PLENTY of them in game ;op

Face it, Duck needs to die! lol jk I don't really mind him, but I am gonna play through multiple times to see everything.

Oh and Skyrim/Fallout there's mods to make noone invincible. Skyrim kids are all evil

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

@ADavidson said: Yeah, you don't see any kids eaten in the TV show, just already zombified Sophia getting shot in the head.

The comics however... whoo.... two kids decapitated by a crazy prison inmate, a woman holding hands with her son and Carl when her son gets munched on, then her arm chopped off by Rick to save carl.... rape and torture scenes. Definitely adults only game material. But a kid getting eaten or shot? Not a big problem ESRB-wise as far as I see it.
    MW3 a girl gets blown up, Bioshock you could harvest little sisters, killing them. And any online game you play these days is inundated with little 8-12yr old bastards using their high pitched voices to scream in your ear, and I've killed PLENTY of them in game ;op

Face it, Duck needs to die! lol jk I don't really mind him, but I am gonna play through multiple times to see everything.

Oh and Skyrim/Fallout there's mods to make noone invincible. Skyrim kids are all evil

From my understanding, it's more about the portrayal of the violence, rather than the violence itself. Sure, in bioshock you can harvest the little sisters, but they don't show an over the top gory evisceration cutscene. It's just how you go about showing it that matters, I think.

• My brief thoughts on duck. Kill him. Kill him with fire.

• i have applied the following logic:

duck's is the opposite of clem.

so where as clem hopefully will become lee's salvation, duck has to be the dead weight that you gotta keep an eye on and which is right from the start causing a divide in the group, so i say keep your friends close and your enemies closer.. oh larry your days are numbered pal first chance i get your walker chow :P

• The upside to it being a zombie apocalypse is that yiu have the chance of killing duck twice! Smother him in his sleep and bash his noggin in when he comes back!

Add Comment