User Avatar Image

Need Inverted Controls Option

posted by Ducksditch on - last edited - Viewed by 17K users

I am not sure what is wrong with my brain but I have to be able to invert the up/down settings on video games. I am sure there are many others like me who push up on the right stick and expect the cursor to plummet to the bottom of the screen and if it doesn't, we pause our brand new game and fix this in the options menu. Some of you may go further and actually look for this option before even launching the game. So why is it that The Walking Dead game does not have this simple option?
Does Telltale not understand how crippling not having this option is to someone like me? I watched all the trailers and the "Playing Dead" episodes before trying the demo. I was blown away by the whole concept only to be left deflated when I assumed control of Lee and couldn't maneuver him properly. I kept thinking "uh oh, what's going to happen when I have to fend off a zombie in a split second?" Sure enough I found my self frantically focusing on the controls instead of frantically focusing on Lee's survival.
I see the potential and to me the game looks and feels stunning. It is truly a comic book brought to life but instead of being immersed in the beautifully crafted world I am all consumed in trying to make the cursor go where I desperately want it to go. So, please Telltale, if you are reading this, please put in a simple patch to fix this huge issue for those of us that are "axis challenged". I want to love playing this game as much as you loved making it. Please....

378 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltale - I too have joined this just to post this message. Please allow inverted axis. Your game is all but unplayable for me like this. I died every time I had to do anything!!!

I will not be purchasing any further episodes until you release a simple patch to fix this.

Someone from TELLTALE should have the decency to post a quick reply to this thread to confirm your position.

• @paultriv1986 said: Telltale - I too have joined this just to post this message. Please allow inverted axis. Your game is all but unplayable for me like this. I died every time I had to do anything!!!

I will not be purchasing any further episodes until you release a simple patch to fix this.

Someone from TELLTALE should have the decency to post a quick reply to this thread to confirm your position.

What's so hard in moving your mouse to the left and assume that the camera/character/whatever moves to the left? is it so so damn difficult?

Though stop posting mean posts and suing on telltale,they did a great game,yet you are being mean because they forgot to add invert mouse option...
    Maybe they were focusing some other aspects of the game,or were too busy fixing the telltale client problem?
    It's like flaming at someone who had made a great cake,but forgot to put the cherry on top of it.
    I scrolled lots of posts in this thread and was suprised,because i saw so many people who even threatened them ( fix it or i no buy next episode or game) Maybe threatened isn't the right word but you get my idea. :D

Could we now calmly solve this with a peaceful manner?
    I am sure that when they have the time,they will add this option for you guys :)

• I still feel that labelling it 'inverted' still sounds wrong. It was like that for decades with joysticks! :P

Adding my voice to this. Playing episode 1 on PS3 and it feels like I'm trying to play it drunk. Made me crap myself with the first zombie encounter though because I ended up scrambling all over the place. :P

• I would like inverted look also. It's just natural for me. Died several times by the first zombie. Just not fun this way. Glad I just paid for first episode on Xbox. Will not play again until patched, and will most likely erase.

• I too have signed up just to add my name to this "good god, please make this adjustment" plea.
    I spent 20 minutes going through all the options over and over again, assuring myself that something as common as inversion couldn't have been left out of a game this talked about without SOMEONE mentioning it in a review.
    I hope this thread has at least been noticed by soemone at TellTale.

• I just played through the demo and registered here to lend my voice to this cause.
    Definitely no sale for me and I'll be remembering Telltale as 'The game company that doesn't care about old school gamers who like inverted controls'

The joystick was made as an imitation of an airplane's flightstick and aviation has been around for more than 100 years now, time to catch up.

• Feels weird to play without it...

• It looks like this game could be a lot of fun but this Y axis issue makes it frustrating and unplayable to me. I'm glad I only paid for the first chapter, I won't be buying any more unless this is fixed.

• User Avatar Image
    OMA

I've played nearly all TTG games since they started years ago, and while the games themselves were good, they have often been marred by little annoyances like bad audio quality for voices or lackluster settings screens which don't provide all the essential settings which just about any other game in the market offers (though they've gotten a bit better in this department lately, just not good enough, it seems).

In this case, you can fix this problem with a $10 third party tool called XPadder:
    http://xpadder.com/

With that tool you'll be able to reconfigure your gamepad to your liking (ANY gamepad, not just the XBox 360 controller; I don't know why every developer now assumes that PC gamers will only use the 360 controller).

I know we shouldn't have to spend extra to fix a problem that shouldn't be there to begin with, but at least there's an option, and that program is worth every penny, not just for this game, but for a lot of PC games which do not have proper gamepad support, since it allows you to configure your gamepad to press any key in the keyboard, or mouse button, or simulate mouse movement with the sticks. It works great every time (I don't have any affiliation with the author of that program; I'm just a happy customer ;)).

• I too just signed up to post my disappointment about the lack of an inverted option for this game. I cannot believe a company in 2012 would release a game without this!
    I made it (struggled) through the episode without it, but I will not buy another episode or game form this company until this is fixed....

VERY AMATEUR INDEED!!

This discussion has been closed.