User Avatar Image

Doug?!

posted by lohkabre on - last edited - Viewed by 5K users

Am I the only person on Earth who chose to save Doug?!

Carly is a woman, and kind of a hottie. You can tell she's sweet on Lee. And all I see is, "Carly had the gun, so I saved Carly!"

..... WHAT?!

Are you people listening to that statement? She had the gun... WHY DOES SHE NEED SAVED!? Doug had no weapons, defenseless. Carly had the freaking gun IN HER HAND. If this b**** is too stupid to even use the gun (I'm not even going to get into the battery debacle), what is she good for? She started off as a good shot, and then suddenly forgot how to use her gun.

So I'm a male player, and I chose to save Doug. Because he was defenseless and I thought homegirl could hold her own. I was wrong, and I don't even miss her.

That's my rant of the day.

206 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

I always choose Doug! Partially because I know him in real life, but partially because Carley's death is so amazingly gruesome, I always enjoy seeing it.

OUCH! By the hair!!

• @harrisonpink said: I always choose Doug! Partially because I know him in real life, but partially because Carley's death is so amazingly gruesome, I always enjoy seeing it.

OUCH! By the hair!!

You're a mean one, Mr. Pink. I like it :)

• @nyynks212 said: i chose doug, because hes the tech guy. he's smart and intelligent, which can definitely help in the future

Same here, then when I talked to him by the motel I was thinking he might end up trying to kill me the way he was saying I should have saved her instead. Like he was pissed off at me.

• IF you save Doug you don't have time to pick the gun up. I saved Carly so we'd have that gun. When she dies next time hopefully we'd have time to pick it up. Weapons are a precious commodity lol

• Was i the only one to decide to let doug die because hes a bit chunky? That boy would just slow me down and eat all our food. If zombieland taugt me anything its that fat people dont survive long in zombie apocalypses.

• and twinkies are hard to find and you shouldn't search for them with a grenade launcher/shotgun.....

i hope they make second zombie land lol

by the way ttg whats with the all the double double plus one for good measure tapping ?

• @Cornson said: I save Doug as well!
    Purely on the basis that Carley knew to much, she had some dangerous knowledge and she had to be eliminated, pure and simple.

Same here. Thought that the secret would be safe if I let Carley die. It was a big surprise for me when Larry told me that he did also know :( So I saved Carley on my second playthrough :)

• anyone else thought about doug being able to fix clem's walkie talkie at some point ?

would of been nice to try and ask him just before 'larry' pitched his 2 cents..

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I chose to save Doug as well, also for his electronics knowledge. I was surprised when I finished the episode on Xbox that only 26% of the other players saved him.

• @WabbitTwaks said: I have to say, one reason I did NOT save Doug my first play through, was because he is not so damned smart as many think. He fricken yelled across the street at me when I was getting the keys. I wanted to reply, "WTF, Dude? You TRYING to alert the walkers?!"

Not only that, but then he yells at the zombies AGAIN to alert them once you've taken the keys. Notice how they don't even start turning away from the TVs until after he shouts at you. Yeah, I'm glad I went with Carley. >_>

Add Comment