User Avatar Image

Which decisions are important?

posted by MarkoH01 on - last edited - Viewed by 734 users

In the statistics screen at the end of episode 1 only a 5 decisions are mentioned (Hershel honesty, Duck/Shawn, loyalty to Kenny, gun to girl, Carley/Doug). Are these the only ones which will affect the future episodes or are there other decisions involved (chosing day/night, giving food to somebody etc.) as well? My opinion is that all the other choices made in episode 1 will only affect episode 1 and no other episodes. The choices mentioned in the statistics screen at the end seem to be key decisions for future episodes...what do you think?

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MarkoH01 said: In the statistics screen at the end of episode 1 only a 5 decisions are mentioned (Hershel honesty, Duck/Shawn, loyalty to Kenny, gun to girl, Carley/Doug). Are these the only ones which will affect the future episodes or are there other decisions involved (chosing day/night, giving food to somebody etc.) as well? My opinion is that all the other choices made in episode 1 will only affect episode 1 and no other episodes. The choices mentioned in the statistics screen at the end seem to be key decisions for future episodes...what do you think?



    I am too lazy to write a long wall of text about how other choices MIGHT affect the second epidose

    But i can tell you right now that if you saved Carley/doug it will determine on who is with you in episode 2 so i guess they do affect.

  • I think the stats at the end are more about comparing your choices to the general public than they are showing what is or is not important.

  • @RoboSheriff said: I am too lazy to write a long wall of text about how other choices MIGHT affect the second epidose

    But i can tell you right now that if you saved Carley/doug it will determine on who is with you in episode 2 so i guess they do affect.



    Of course the Doug/Carley choice is an important one and important for future episodes - this decision however is also mentioned in the stats screen in the end. My question was if OTHER choices NOT MENTIONED in the stats screen will be important for future episodes.

  • @MarkoH01 said: Of course the Doug/Carley choice is an important one and important for future episodes - this decision however is also mentioned in the stats screen in the end. My question was if OTHER choices NOT MENTIONED in the stats screen will be important for future episodes.


    Well think of this, we made decisions throughout the episode regarding Clementine, yet there are no stats about those at the end. Pretty sure those choices are going to count in the future ;)

    I am sure there are other choices not mentioned that will count.

  • While those five big choices get called out for you, the game remembers literally everything you say to everyone, and writers of future episodes can call back to any dialog choice or series of events you've made when crafting how their episode plays out.

  • @Jake said: While those five big choices get called out for you, the game remembers literally everything you say to everyone, and writers of future episodes can call back to any dialog choice or series of events you've made when crafting how their episode plays out.



    So the writers can use ANY dialoge choice you made to change the story if they so please?

  • @Jake said: While those five big choices get called out for you, the game remembers literally everything you say to everyone, and writers of future episodes can call back to any dialog choice or series of events you've made when crafting how their episode plays out.


    Wow. Now that is very cool. ....and a bit scary considering some reply choices I made. *gulp*

  • @Jake said: While those five big choices get called out for you, the game remembers literally everything you say to everyone, and writers of future episodes can call back to any dialog choice or series of events you've made when crafting how their episode plays out.



    This is starting to sound like Mass Effect - in a very, very good way! :)

  • @Gman5852 said: So the writers can use ANY dialoge choice you made to change the story if they so please?



    Yeah. Obviously we have to measure which things we decide to use and where we want to take the game but the game itself doesn't forget a thing you've done or said --it's all there waiting to ruin your life later :)

  • @Jake said: Yeah. Obviously we have to measure which things we decide to use and where we want to take the game but the game itself doesn't forget a thing you've done or said --it's all there waiting to ruin your life later :)



    And with my luck, the one little screw-up of dialoge I made will also be the big story changing one later down the line...

Add Comment