User Avatar Image

Which decisions are important?

posted by MarkoH01 on - last edited - Viewed by 781 users

In the statistics screen at the end of episode 1 only a 5 decisions are mentioned (Hershel honesty, Duck/Shawn, loyalty to Kenny, gun to girl, Carley/Doug). Are these the only ones which will affect the future episodes or are there other decisions involved (chosing day/night, giving food to somebody etc.) as well? My opinion is that all the other choices made in episode 1 will only affect episode 1 and no other episodes. The choices mentioned in the statistics screen at the end seem to be key decisions for future episodes...what do you think?

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Gman5852 said: And with my luck, the one little screw-up of dialoge I made will also be the big story changing one later down the line...

Keep replaying the game until you are satisfied with it :)

I replayed like 3 times so far, one was just to be called "good Samaritan" by Shawn in regards to Clementine :)

• @Cornson said: Keep replaying the game until you are satisfied with it :)

I replayed like 3 times so far, one was just to be called "good Samaritan" by Shawn in regards to Clementine :)

My first playthrough is me sticking with the decisions I made with no changes. Its going to be very interesting to see how that turns out.

• The most important decision is that you save Carley! She hot! And dough is just some lazy f***! ;)

• @Kenneloth said: The most important decision is that you save Carley! She hot!

Really?:confused: I didn't find any of the women in the game "hot". Mildly attractive at best.

• @Kenneloth said: The most important decision is that you save Carley! She hot! And dough is just some lazy f***! ;)

Doug tells you that he's a good runner, and Carley tells you that he's heroic. So, I wouldn't say that. But, Carley is a great marksman and we'll need that if shit hits the fan. So, I chose Carley.

• Wow - since I am used to play a game so much that I have seen everything possible this is going to be a loooooong play ;) But I love it when nearly everything matters. The more the better!

• @The-J23 said: Doug tells you that he's a good runner, and Carley tells you that he's heroic. So, I wouldn't say that. But, Carley is a great marksman and we'll need that if shit hits the fan. So, I chose Carley.

Doug is also a technical wizard while Carley doesn't even know what batteries are. I'm hoping Doug might be able to help with the next problem that the end of the episode teases.

• Another big decision that isnt even mentioned... is choosing to go during the night or day!

Go during the day, and you meet Shawn and his buddy Jett! The fact that your there means you can help them move the cars and get away before a wave of walkers show up! But doing this means you never meet the police officer!

Waiting till night means you meet Shawn and the police officer, but that means you werent there earlier to help Shawn and Jett move the cars, and Jett gets killed.

Seeing as Jett is from a nearby Farm, and that the next episode takes you to a farm, I believe the fact that Jett is there or not might play a big factor.

Also, Larry knows who you are and doesnt like you, if the police officer shows up later and you didnt meet him, that might mean Larry can pursuade him to see you as a threat.

Alot of the decisions made in episode one might not look like they had alot of meaning, but by episode 5, they may have alot more impact than we think!
    !

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@OzmosisCoH said: Seeing as Jett is from a nearby Farm, and that the next episode takes you to a farm, I believe the fact that Jett is there or not might play a big factor.

You're on to something here. The decision "night or day" felt really arbitrary in the game. But it would make absolute sense to not only change the future in an active/decisive way, but also with some kind of butterfly effect.

• I would like to know why there isnt a 'hit clementine upside the head' for wandering round the woods by herself option at the beginning...

Add Comment